Waterfall shots

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to try my hand at waterfall shots since I had never done any but have seen some awesome ones on this forum. These are a few from our recent trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstons National Parks. The first 3 are the same waterfall. I also threw in a flower shot for kicks. Thanks for looking.
IMG_9732-5a.jpg

IMG_9733-6a.jpg

IMG_9738-11a.jpg

IMG_9789aa.jpg

IMG_9714-1a.jpg

IMG_9762a.jpg

The slow shutterspeed on waterfalls has become a cliché and frankly works better on some waterfalls than others. It depends on the amount going over. I tend to use both fast and slower speeds for waterfalls and then judge which looks best.

skieur

I think for the first 3 a little bit of a faster speed would have done better but 4 and 5 are very nice. I like 4 the best. BTW do you use a filter to block out some light? if so what is it called? If not then what do you do?

Lovely series. I like how you captured the water, as it shows movement. Nice job.

I think for the first 3 a little bit of a faster speed would have done better but 4 and 5 are very nice. I like 4 the best. BTW do you use a filter to block out some light? if so what is it called? If not then what do you do?
I was using a neutral density filter to block out some light on 4 and 5. On the first three it was very late in the evening and the sun was setting so I didn't have to use the filter.

BTW You might want to to try mettering the green in shots like these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back