Waterfall Yosemite.

The people in this give great scale to it! I didn't think it was all that big until I saw the people there!

Great shot. My wife and I will be there the first week of April if all goes well. I can't wait!!!!!

I don't think those are Bridalveil Falls though. If I remember right, Bridalveil Falls are much taller and are basically out in the open. Not in an enclosed area like these.

I was there about 7 years ago when we had a huge surge of rain and that thing was going nuts. If you get close enough you can't hear yourself think. ;)

OK, so my memory isn't as good as it used to be. BV Falls are in an enclosed area, a little more open than these falls. But they are much taller. At least I got that part right.

Here's a pic of Bridalveil Falls.

Domrommer, where in Yosemite are these falls? How's the hike getting to them? I would really like to find some of these more out of the way places while we are out there.

this is the misty trail on vernal falls. Go past Camp Curry to Happy Isles then the trailhead is in the back lot..... It is the trail that goes up to little yosemite valley and up around the backside of half dome [john muir trail]. Getting to the falls is easy and not too far. Getting to the top of half dome is a chore but well worth the effort. Here is a map you should check out if you are going to go. http://www.yosemite.ca.us/maps/yosemite_valley_map.png

OK, so my memory isn't as good as it used to be. BV Falls are in an enclosed area, a little more open than these falls. But they are much taller. At least I got that part right.

Here's a pic of Bridalveil Falls.

Domrommer, where in Yosemite are these falls? How's the hike getting to them? I would really like to find some of these more out of the way places while we are out there.

I don't really remember much about the park I was only there for a day and I had got there at 3am that morning. I remember there was no hike to get to the falls. It was right off a boardwalk in the main area of the park (close to all the restaurants and stuff). I'll ask my wife, she probably knows the name of the falls. I'm not real good on details.

Great shot with a wonderful view! The people are great in the shot for scaling. Great composition with beautiful details! Great work!

Greetings,
Ann :)

this is the misty trail on vernal falls. Go past Camp Curry to Happy Isles then the trailhead is in the back lot..... It is the trail that goes up to little yosemite valley and up around the backside of half dome [john muir trail]. Getting to the falls is easy and not too far. Getting to the top of half dome is a chore but well worth the effort. Here is a map you should check out if you are going to go. http://www.yosemite.ca.us/maps/yosemite_valley_map.png

I knew somebody would know where it was. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back