Waterproof Case/Enclosure for Canon T2i

Cop J

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am going to Hawaii to visit my GF's family in a month and I was looking for a waterproof enclosure for my T2i. I don't need something for deep diving, but I will be at the beach, in the water, snorkeling, at waterparks, etc. So I am looking for a way to protect my T2i while I am enjoying myself and snapping photos.

Looking to spend no more than $100 but of course I want something that is good enough quality to prevent water leaks and camera damage.

Are there any good reliable enclosures at this price range?

Last edited:
Every time I've looked at housing for dslr cameras they are ALWAYS more than the camera itself(if not twice a much). Expect to spend a minimum of $800 if you want I actually protect it. Probably even more like 1,200-1,500. A better option might be just going with an underwater package like the sea life dc1200. Comes with everything to include a camera and flash for $800.

Every time I've looked at housing for dslr cameras they are ALWAYS more than the camera itself(if not twice a much). Expect to spend a minimum of $800 if you want I actually protect it. Probably even more like 1,200-1,500. A better option might be just going with an underwater package like the sea life dc1200. Comes with everything to include a camera and flash for $800.
Those are for serious diving, not what the OP is looking for.

Try this: Amazon.com: Aquapac Waterproof SLR Camera Underwater Housing Case With Hard Lens for Canon Nikon Sony SLR Digital Camera: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When I go on vacation to a watery location, I would usually buy a couple waterproof disposable (35mm film) cameras. They work in the water and I don't have to worry about somebody trying to snatch them if left unattended.

I now have a waterproof 35mm (point & shoot) camera that can fill the same purpose. There are also water proof/resistant digital cameras to be found for less than $300.

Try this: Amazon.com: Aquapac Waterproof SLR Camera Underwater Housing Case With Hard Lens for Canon Nikon Sony SLR Digital Camera: Camera & Photo

Wow, I wouldn't trust my camera to this..

Wow, I wouldn't trust my camera to this..
For what the OP's post asked for? What more do you think you need?

For what the OP's post asked for? What more do you think you need?

I know it's a good suggestion to what OP has asked. But when I looked at it, it just looked like a plastic bag with a camera in it and it didn't look very "reliable". You know what I mean? I am sure it will be fine but I just wasn't expecting it to look like that.

A couple other options:

1) Like was mentioned, disposable waterproof film cameras
2) Cheap film cameras with waterproof enclosure. These can be found all over Hawaii, and they're usually about $20-30. You'll have to buy film, but it works well enough.
3) Rent a waterproof camera. I did this for a day trip we took to Molokini crater outside of Maui. It was a late model Canon P&S in a waterproof enclosure. The pics turned out very nice. Check dive shops.
4) This: Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot D20 12.1 MP CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens a 3.0-Inch LCD and GPS Tracking (Blue): Camera & Photo (I'll be buying one of these in the next few months)

$Maui Turtle.jpg

This photo (unedited) was taken with the rented camera I had. Not great, but there's a compromise here. There's no cheap solution that will give you awesome photos, even with your DSLR.

ha its an old thread my bad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back