What's new

Waves in the sky

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
2,094
Reaction score
598
Location
Eatonville, Washington
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While out getting my daily fix of sports in a weather front rolled in with waves and swirls in the clouds. I wish I had been carrying a wider lens with me, but shooting the 400mm was what was in my hand at the time.



404310709.jpg





404310710.jpg


...
 
these are great as abstracts. I still can't fathom them being clouds.
 
I really like the first one - in part because it's confusing. It they're clouds then they must be overhead, and thus the top of the frame should be nearest the camera. However, it also looks like you were shooting 'down' at something below you so that the bottom of the frame was nearest.
 
They weren't quite overhead, I was using my 400mm and did not have to lean back too far to get the composition I was looking at. So from the angle I was shooting maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the field I was shooting at. There was some lightning and thunder about an hour after this front moved through. Minimal post processing, slight tweek on the dark end of curves to define cloud edges and a little noise reduction.
 
I like them! I agree about the first one and the perspective, it almost makes me uncomfortable, I want to flip it upside down! I did flip my iPod and it looks pretty cool ;)
 
Love the first shot!! The somewhat uncomfortableness of the shot makes it interesting!
 
Nice form and cloud capture of threatening weather.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom