Way to go puppy!!

I find it really sad that that guy took 3 lives, and will get off with a very minimal sentence... If you were to kill three people - you would be more than likely looking at life...

And I am sure those puppies did less wrong than some people..

And how many of these puppies (and others) will be put to sleep by Animal Control? How is this any worse? Its not like the guy was torturing the pups or dumping them off by the side of the road.

"That should never have to happen," said Bruce Rova, director of the Escambia County Animal Shelter. "There are so many options people have. We'll try to find them a new home."

And if they fail to find them a new home, sorry pups. That is unless it's a no-kill shelter. The article didn't make mention of that.

Anyway, just playing devil's advocate, don't shoot me.

Gotta admit that part of me likes the poetic justice idea but Explody Pup also has a point. Shooting is quick and probably kinder than the methods used by most animal control authorities.
Prevention is still the best option so neuter your pets folks.

Puppy: (prior to shooting gun) "I'm looking for the man that shot my paw"! :eyebrows:

That's about as good as it gets at this time of night!

Someone needs to teach that puppy how to aim better! :lol:

I have to agree with explody pup

I grew up in poverty farmland right in the middle of the bush. No one would ever take an animal to a shelter to put them down, they did what had to be done themselves. Anyone who did other wise was thought to be eccentric.

From a very early age I had to kill many half dead animals, felt extremly sick every time espeasially since I had to use what was at hand to finish the animal off. We were brought up not to allow an animal to suffer, pet or otherwise.

The farmers on occasion would have to thin the multidudes of barn cats other wise there would be to many and there would be a mass of diseases along with hunger.

Lets face there are too many puppies not enough pet owner wannabies. This person was not torturing the puppies, he just took matters into his own hands and probably did what he thought was the responsible thing to do, it may have actually taken courage to do it. It appears that the puppies did not suffer a long cruel death

Sometimes I think that growing up in the age of Walt Disney with talking animals with highly evolved emotions has given us a warped sense of nature, I include myself in this group.

Probably should not submit this as I know my views in this day and age are not popular, but I will anyway.

Haven't these people ever heard of fixing their pets? If more people did that, we wouldn't have quite so many unwanted animals. About 2 years ago I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep. He had an inoperable cancerous tumor in his throat that was slowly cutting off his ability to breathe. I swore that I would never let him suffer and I held him as he died. It was so fast.... So, I feel extremely safe in saying that he never felt anything beyond the prick of the needle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back