Way to go puppy!!

Cruzin said:
Lets face there are too many puppies not enough pet owner wannabies. This person was not torturing the puppies, he just took matters into his own hands and probably did what he thought was the responsible thing to do, it may have actually taken courage to do it. It appears that the puppies did not suffer a long cruel death.

Probably should not submit this as I know my views in this day and age are not popular, but I will anyway.

Cruzin, I agree with you when you say that there are just not enough pet owner wannabies. But you'll also have to agree with me that there are so many sickos out there torturing and killing animals every which way they can. My wife worked an entire year for a no-kill cat/dog shelter and you wouldn't believe the amount of cruelty that is going on. From cats that have been dipped in molten tar, to dogs that had amputated limbs just for the fun of it.

What bothers me about this story is that, instead of taking the animals to a no-kill shelter (even if you have to drive a few hundred miles it's worth the effort) and leaving them there, he chose to kill and bury them one by one. It's easy to claim 'no one wanted them', which is the easy way out. Also, instead of neutering the mother of the puppies before it had a litter, this guy chose to kill the puppies.

I agree with you that the pet population is too big but we need to address the cause and not the effect, by neutering pets.

IMHO the guy deserved what he got. :)

photogoddess said:
Haven't these people ever heard of fixing their pets? If more people did that, we wouldn't have quite so many unwanted animals. About 2 years ago I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep. He had an inoperable cancerous tumor in his throat that was slowly cutting off his ability to breathe. I swore that I would never let him suffer and I held him as he died. It was so fast.... So, I feel extremely safe in saying that he never felt anything beyond the prick of the needle.

Agree with you 100%, but alais not everyone has the foresight for some inexplicable reason to get there animals fixed. Sometimes a person gets a pet and they have no idea how much it costs to get them fixed, have the proper shots, feed, and time involved in nuturing the animal. Igonrance could be reason.

What you went through with your dog took courage and character which seems to be lacking in many people. But on the other hand a bullet between the eyes is faster, the person who killed the puppies may not have been to bright, but that does not mean he had evil intent.

Maybe before a person can have a pet they should have to pass an exam on the reality of caring for that particular type of animal.

Mitica100 said:
My wife worked an entire year for a no-kill cat/dog shelter and you wouldn't believe the amount of cruelty that is going on. From cats that have been dipped in molten tar, to dogs that had amputated limbs just for the fun of it.

What bothers me about this story is that, instead of taking the animals to a no-kill shelter (even if you have to drive a few hundred miles it's worth the effort) and leaving them there, he chose to kill and bury them one by one. It's easy to claim 'no one wanted them', which is the easy way out. Also, instead of neutering the mother of the puppies before it had a litter, this guy chose to kill the puppies.

I agree with you that the pet population is too big but we need to address the cause and not the effect, by neutering pets.

IMHO the guy deserved what he got. :)

There are many sick people out there, but that is not the norm. I would not want to see what your wife has seen. Personally i go out of my way not to hurt any animal, even spiders, i find something to pick them up with and release them outside if at all possible. But if I find a suffering animal and help is too far away. I will kill that animal as quick as I possibly can, even though it will make sick doing so. Someone may see me do this and call the cops, then the newspaper could write an articule stating what a social deviant I am and how I should be locked up because I am a nutso killer, even thought I am the extreme opposite.

What bothers me about the story is that because he took matters into his own hands (no pun intended) many people assume he some kind of crazed killer. We have no Idea what was going on in his mind, it is possible he was crying his eyes out feeling that he was responible, and that it was his duty to kill the puppies personally and not leave it to some cold hearted person with a needle.......we just do not know the whole story only what the media choose to print.

I truely wish everyone who does not want thier animals to have offspring would pay the bucks and have them fixed.

People are so ignorant sometimes. I've met people that it's honestly never occured to them to vaccinate or fix their animals. My husband's ex is one of these people. You should have seen the look on her face when I vaccinated my daughter's cat. She couldn't figure out why a house cat needed shots too. Duh! Never mind the other animals bringing germs in and out of the house. :roll: She had him declawed years ago when he was a kitten and I'm pretty sure that was the first and last time he had shots. Now that she can't keep him, he's at my house. She was going to take him to the pound like my youngest daughter's cat.

Farm life is so different than city life. I don't excuse this guys actions but in the toolies, it's widely "accepted" to shoot or drown unwanted puppies or kittens. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have pets or kids. :cry:

Photogoddes some people having had, or planning to have kids is one of the saddest events that I can think of :( Too bad we couldn't have certain personality types fixed :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back