Ways to Ruin a Photoshoot?

Ducks are about the worst

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qQoaPUw6lQ[/ame]

Schedule the shoot at a beautiful, picturesque marshland... at the height of mosquito season.

what would ruin a photoshoot would be showing up late or calling the client asking them for directions to the photoshoot. having the wrong lens or not showing up with one at all leaving the lens cap on and try to figure out why all you see is black... ask them if they know anything about the camera your using... tell them this is the first photoshoot you ever shot... asking the client to help you figure out how to use your camera...

what would ruin a photoshoot would be showing up late or calling the client asking them for directions to the photoshoot. having the wrong lens or not showing up with one at all leaving the lens cap on and try to figure out why all you see is black... ask them if they know anything about the camera your using... tell them this is the first photoshoot you ever shot... asking the client to help you figure out how to use your camera...

I lol'd

It was already mentioned but I had to toss in that Ive ruined three, as follows: I found the PERFECT place to shoot in the mountains. Hours drive up, setup, wait. I did just that days later. Got the most BEAUTIFUL sunset. Click...no cf card. Yeah. Next, I told myself "I havent used my camera much so the battery's fully charged. No need to take the charger (small weekend vacation). Left said camera on all day. Dead battery for model. Yeah. Lastly, waiting for an eagle to take off. I was going to outwait him no matter what. Waited nearly an hour and he flew RIGHT AT ME! I was clicking away, mentally counting all the money I was going to get. Then realized the manual focus was on, not the auto. Not one shot.

#1 way to screw up a shoot .. Show up with your first DSLR .. that you bought at WalMart last month.

During the photo shoot ... the light goes out ...
And you yell at your assistant and said "I thought you pay the electrical bill" and the assistant yell back with the same sentence.

Last edited:
#1 Show up in a bath robe and slippers drinking a white russian saying things like "Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!"

#2 Go around asking people if they will sell you a dime bag (might be acceptable at certain shoots).

#3 Say something like "I don't know whats wrong, I can't seem to figure out how to turn the darn thing on" while reading the instruction manual.

#4 Tell the models that if they don't act right you are going to pimp slap them.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back