We are the Celtics

oldmacman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcavoyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from some recent sporting events at our school.

1. Football
web.jpg

2. Cross Country- I love how calm our runner's body and face is. Completely focused on making the turn first to avoid the inevitable body crunch.
jkja6m

3. Cross Country - Pulls ahead
33kuu1

4. Candid crowd shot at the football came. This is one of my new students who is always looking for the camera. I think she was about to flip her hood down for the shot, but I moved on to the next person too quickly.
web.jpg

What lens did you use for these ? because it looks like you used a cheap lens on your 5Dmk2, the last one is very noisy going on the exif it looks like it was under exposed

What lens did you use for these ? because it looks like you used a cheap lens on your 5Dmk2, the last one is very noisy going on the exif it looks like it was under exposed

The 420mm in the exif is the 300mm f4 L with a 1.4 tc. Not cheap by any means, but I had loaned my 70-200 to another student because he wanted the flexibility of a zoom range. The shot was taken hand held from across the football field.

Thanks for looking and for your comment.

the last one is very noisy going on the exif it looks like it was under exposed

I had edited this at work on my laptop to upload to our school web site gallery, so I am doing a little test. I re-edited on my "better calibrated" monitor at home and made adjustments. Maybe this edit makes my lens look less cheap?

Original:
web.jpg

Edit:
nf0kb7

Maybe this comment to macman is a spill over from another thread, but I need to ask. Aside from the exposure, that has been corrected, what tells you the guys lens is cheap? I don't know about you, but the exif data could only tell you it is underexposed if you know what the lighting conditions are.

@oldmacman - I like that you got rid of the hair across her face, but the noise reduction might be a bit heavy in the hair. It is hard to pick up individual strands. Maybe the focus was a little soft to begin.

Gary, I am not that much concerned about the last photo, but would never have posted the first OOF photo, better to have a bit of noise than a blur image.

Gary, I am not that much concerned about the last photo, but would never have posted the first OOF photo, better to have a bit of noise than a blur image.

Thanks for the heads up peteroin. You're right, it is a little soft.

Most reactions

Back