You turn round and...

Schauerwetter8_9Mai05_websize.jpg

Schauerwetter2_9Mai05_websize.jpg

Schauerwetter5_9Mai05_websize.jpg

Schauerwetter7_9Mai05_websize.jpg

Schauerwetter11_9Mai05_websize.jpg

You drive on and see it happen over there:

Schauerwetter13_9Mai05_websize.jpg

We are having exactly the same sort of weather here! It's absolutely crazy! one half of the sky is gorgeous and sunny and great. Then the other half is this huge imposing storm! It's really crazy.
There's a saying in french: "En Avril, ne te découvre pas d'un fil". Basically - don't take all your clothes off in April. Coz it'll be crap weather in a few seconds. (and yes I do know it's not april anymore - but it's close enough... hehe)

btw those are absolutely smashing pictures! The grass is unreal! It's like that one you put up in the PS challenge. Such a great green!

Thanks for looking, both Meysha and Raymond!

Yes, and yes.

Yes, I think most of Europe is having this kind of weather right now, though according to the weather men on TV last night, the British Isles should be having the brilliant weather that only a big high pressure cell can bring with is coming in from the north west. And this kind of weather is called "April Wetter" in my language, too (translates itself, I think) because we usually get these constellations a month earlier.

Eventually, that high pressure cell is due here! Thursday, they say. Let's wait and see!

And Raymond, yes, I am actually quite disappointed about the small size of my photos and am contemplating a new upload, hoping they then come out larger. I resized them to "web size" (640x480) to prevent any image host to shrink them at random, but as it seems, now they are too small. They are a lot nicer when they are larger! Keep an eye on this and there might - eventually - be larger pics.

And there might be a part 2, as well ;).

OK, so now I edited my first post. I uploaded my downsized versions into Photobucket yet again, not PictureTrail, who shrunk the downsized versions even further :confused:, so those who are interested in these photos should see them better!

These are really great LaFoto! I especially love the clouds in the first and second one.

Our weather saying is if you don't like the weather wait around a few minutes and it will change!

Oh wow, thank you all!
Honestly, I think it wasn't me who made the photos (though I took them), but the weather. It was just like this. Sunlit parts against such dark, brooding skies always look extraordinary - including "extraordinarily green", although the new grass IS this very, very green.

Great set of photos. The clouds are amazing in all of them. Very well done.!!!!

Thank you again!
Seems like we're staying with this kind of weather for another two days until the high pressure area that is now right over the British Isles (isn't it?) will have moved into Germany (and surrounding countries), so we are forecast a bright and sunny (and warmer!) day on Friday now (first they had said Thursday :(...).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back