Web design

JLEphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eldridgestudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at getting into portrait/wedding photography to make a little extra money on the side. I am a nature/wildlife photographer at heart but really want to explore these other aspects. I need a website but lack any type of HTML ability. Does anyone have any sugguestions?

LOL!!! I'm a nature/landscape photographer at heart too....but I HATE people...so I'll continue to be broke because there's not much as a nature photographer.

Anyway, I would recommend 'Smugmug'. It isn't free, but you can customize your site until your blue in the face. They have a great 'help' forum so if you have any questions, there are people there to help.

While I have my own website, I have a Smugmug site for just my daughter's gymnastic team photos.

I have not really shot people before so I am hoping to get in as an assistant with some folks first... Just to get the feel. I am willing to do it for free (as an assistant) for a time just to absorb all the info. My goal is to make enough to fuel my nature/wildlife obsession. We shall see. I will check out smugmug.. Do you get your own domain name there?

Take a look at my graphic design website.
pegerondesigns.com

Not sure if you were looking to spend money, but I can definitely build you a website for your photography if you were.

You could do it with NVU, a free dreamweaver type program.

For objects like galleries, you could always look online (although they sometimes break and knowledge of coding is helpful).

If you have the money, Dreamweaver is quite nice. I learned my HTML there, as I was able to view in split design/code mode.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back