Web hosting for artists?

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
A friend of mine is an artist and she is looking to get a website built, but she is pretty clueless when it comes to internet stuff.

I suggested that the best idea might be for her to use one of these web hosting sites for artists, the ones that give you a choice of templates and allow you to upload your art etc yourself from an easy to use interface.

it will be mostly videos that she will be uploading so it is important that the it allows video upload.

Does anyone have experience of these type sites?

Can anyone recommend and particular site?

thanks

I would recommend portfoliositez.com. They are going to have beautiful fully-updatable flash sites and hosting all-in-one for $10/mo. That will mean the only other thing required to have the website up and running is a domain name that can be gotten for $8.95/yr from godaddy.com. If she is computer savvy at all another cheap option is getting a template from winklet.com for a one time charge of around $65 and hosting and the domain name seperately. The best quality low-cost hosting I've been able to find is bluehost.com for $6.95/mo.

hope that helps :)

thanks jenie

i had a look at that site, it does look quite good.

As long as you can upload movie files to it, i think she will be happy, so i will recommend it to her

Most reactions

New Topics

Back