WEBN Fireworks (Not very good...)

tmbroe01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pictures I took at the Labor Day fireworks (my first attempt at this kind of shooting). Didn't have my tripod so I ended up shooting at a pretty high ISO. I think they could be cleaned up a little in post processing, but I'm still learning so these haven't been touched up. Any comments for improvement would be appreciated.
Thanks!

P9020337.jpg

P9020373.jpg

P9020378.jpg

P9020392.jpg

P9020418.jpg

P9020422.jpg

P9020427.jpg

P9020473.jpg

P9020487.jpg

P9020511.jpg

P9020491.jpg

Not that much ISO noise....what ISO were you using?

They're not that bad...though are aren't quite as contrasty as if you would have used a tripod. Kind of odd that more light didn't show up in the city...

One thing that would have helped would either being closer or zoomed in farther...but again...hand holding doesn't help much when you want to zoom...

Not that much ISO noise....what ISO were you using?

They're not that bad...though are aren't quite as contrasty as if you would have used a tripod. Kind of odd that more light didn't show up in the city...

One thing that would have helped would either being closer or zoomed in farther...but again...hand holding doesn't help much when you want to zoom...

These were shot using ISO 800 with noise reduction on. And, yeah, zooming would not have helped with the hand holding.;)

Its difficult to get great firework shots without a tripod, its not impossible, but you'd need to be closer to the action.
High iso's can create more problems than they solve.
You could sharpen and use noise removal software, if your shooting RAW you could alter the exposure compensation, if not then adjust the levels.
I'm not used to not being able to read the exif data in images, but I'd say you did really well to get any kind of definative lines in the buildings backdrop handheld.
Bean bag, table, or any kind of surface that will keep the camera steady for a longer exposure, and a shutter release cable are right up there with things you need to make life easier.
I cant help with processing, other than to say the better the shot, the less you have to repair.
That city scape looks like potentially an eyecatching scene, with or without fireworks..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back