Website photos

mossoak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I'm in the process of building a portfolio to begin the steps to a small photography biz. I recently shot some photos for a grand opening of a small cafe. One of the owners was very pleased with the photos and asked if they could use them on their website. I approached them to take the pictures to add to my portfolio, they are brand new and a community co-op so I wasn't in it to charge them anything. So what is the proper step to for them to use my photos? Mostly i just want to have some recognition to get my name out there.

Thanks in advance for the help

TT

my dad designs web sites as a small side job. i often take pictures for his sites. when i first started doing it, i wanted the credit to me to be huge so everyone could see it. but, you must realize the website isn't for you and your photography, it is for the real client's business. so just ask to have the phrase "Photos credit to..." in a somewhat small font size and in a place where it can be seen but doesn't take attention away from the actual business.

It depends on how the site is set up as to where the credits will go. A good place is on the bottom of the page, where the copyright and contact info are.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back