Website review

JeremyD

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello awesome forum!

I just updated my website, feel free to give me feedback on the user experince and anything tips you guys have.

Thank you! www.jeremydalyphoto.com

www.jeremydalyphoto.com/blog

AceCo55

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first thing that hits me is the large vertical space your logo uses - requires scrolling on a lot of your pages to see a complete photo.
The other thing is that your website doesn't appear to be responsive to mobile devices - and that is going to kill any experience for a mobile user. About 60% of visitors to my website are using phones or tablets.

I used a website simulator to get an idea of what your website would look like on a variety of screen sizes and devices: Screenfly / Test Your Website at Different Screen Resolutions

HikinMike

Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Based on your keywords (over-stuffed IMO), I assume you hope people will find you via the search engines, like Google. You are missing one of the most important things, your <title>. You might want to read my SEO link in my signature.

footballfan993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerwarnecke.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes, You really should get a <title> tag on your website, even something just like <title>Jeremy Daly Photography</title> is appropriate in this case.
Based on your keywords (over-stuffed IMO), I assume you hope people will find you via the search engines, like Google. You are missing one of the most important things, your <title>. You might want to read my SEO link in my signature.

And I agree your logo takes a lot of space on the page, maybe have the logo in the upper left corner next to your nav bar

HikinMike

Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes, You really should get a <title> tag on your website, even something just like <title>Jeremy Daly Photography</title> is appropriate in this case.

Nobody is going to search for your (his) name, so that really ISN'T appropriate. :icon_cool:

...but that is better than nothing. :)

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
The images are way too large; bring them down to 800 pixels on the long edge so those with smaller screens don't have to scroll.

RichBrown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like the site a lot; it looks very professional. Just add a favicon and you'd be good to go.

Most reactions

New Topics