Websites for photography trends?

Blake.Oney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any of them out there? I look at popphoto a lot , but it's mostly the newest gear and stuff, speaking of which, the Pentax K-r looks pretty neat for an entry camera. Anyway, The reason I'm looking is because I live in a very small, very behind town. There are a couple photographers in my area doing cookie cutter outdated things that people were crazy over years ago, but around here people still love it. I do more of my own thing, but for things like senior portraits where the people who are paying me like to be "ahead" of their peers or original, I think it would help to know some of the most current trends going on. I don't plan on doing it exactly how it's being done because I always like to put my own spin on things, but one of the things that really helps me with my number of clients and staying ahead of the competition is well, staying ahead of the competition, in terms of getting to the next "thing" first. I'm by no mean trying to "make it" with photography. I have a job also, but the extra money is awesome. Anyway, if anyone knows of a few sites like that it would be awesome. Thanks.

Photgraphy is an art. People will flock to you based on your style. You can update your style but to constant change with every new fad or twist may not work. Do you have a style?

I would like to think I do. With portraits, anyway. I should have worded that different. I more so meant post processing trends. It's more for senior portraits than anything. High school kids don't care about my style. They only want to be ahead of eachother.

cookie cutter outdated things that people were crazy over years ago, but around here people still love it.
Lets hear a couple of Cha-Chings!

Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!

High school seniors frequently tell me something like the following: "I want something unique. Something no one else has had done. You know, what I mean? I want mine to be exactly like all the ones you did for Jessica M, Janet R. and Sue K. and Martha Y., 2 years ago." :lmao:

cookie cutter outdated things that people were crazy over years ago, but around here people still love it.
Lets hear a couple of Cha-Chings!

Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!

High school seniors frequently tell me something like the following: "I want something unique. Something no one else has had done. You know, what I mean? I want mine to be exactly like all the ones you did for Jessica M, Janet R. and Sue K. and Martha Y., 2 years ago." :lmao:

Haha yea. When I first started I guess around a year and a half ago I put some selective color photo's and a couple sequences on my facebook and people went crazy over them.

Facebook and Myspace. Flickr and Photobucket.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back