Wedding 10-16-2010

edson1314

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another wedding done, oh boy did I forget and had to be reminded to shoot the Bouquet throwing and Garderbelt throwing. For some reason I forgot that they did these at weddings.
icon_redface.gif
Anyways here are some of the pictures. Now all I am thinking is I have 10,000 more weddings to do before I can retire.
C&C Welcome (you can tell me how bad I did). Thanks in advanced.

MG_9160.jpg

MG_9375.jpg

MG_9480.jpg

MG_9667.jpg

Last edited:
Hi:)

1. She seems a little bright compared to the rest of the image. The crop at her wrists seems odd.
2. This is a pretty pose but the on camera flash shadow is harsh. Also, the perspective seems odd. Were you above them?
3. B&g Is very dark. Bump that iso, drag the shutter. The flash duration will sharpen their features.
4. Nice idea but many distracting elements in the frame.

I think the ligthing may be a bit bright/harsh in #1. I'm not a huge fan of the effect in #2, I think it might be too 'blurry'. I like the dark image (#3). The final image is alright, somethings a tiny bit off with it but certainly a good idea to work on, it could be that there is a bit too much going on like stated above, you may want to straighten the horizontal lines as well.

Pretty bride, I think that she will really like these pictures despite the small amount of critique.

-Dave

1. I would have staged it she is coming out from the limo
2. I dont like the effect
3. I like this the best
4. I see camera shake and horizontal needs to be straighten out.

Not a bad group of shots individually. The first comment I have is that each one has a noticeably different feel from the other three, they don't really feel like a cohesive group to me. Try to imagine all the shots from the wedding together in an album, or figure that the couple might pick any three to group in a frame - it might help if the images just felt more similar. Just something to think about...

As for the individual images here:
1. I like this - nice relaxed pose and smile by the bride. Good job working with the ambient light to still capture the detail in the dress. The only negative I see here is that the body of the limo converging to the background is trying to draw my eye to the right of the image, away from the bride. (And a very minor point, if you want to put more effort into this image, is that you might want to try cloning out the reflection of the second limo/other car near the front of this limo. It's a bit distracting and, since it's also white, might actually be part of what is drawing my eye that way.)
2. Strictly as a matter of personal taste I'm not a fan of the effect here...combined with the pastels of the sunset it gives this image too much of an 80's feel for me. I do think this treatment washed out too much detail in the gown's train and part of the veil.
3. At first glance it's easily my favorite shot of the four. I love how you used lighting to offset the bride and her friend while leaving just enough of the background visible to provide some context. It's also a nice capture of the gown with its trailing train, and we all know that good shots of the gown are important. However, by my fourth glance or so, I started to wonder - where is the lower half of the friend? I'm sure her legs are just hidden behind that part of the bride's gown (you can see patio then pool right up to the gown all the way to the first gather, above which it's all pretty black), but it's an interesting illusion. Now that I've noticed it I can't see her as anything other than a floating torso.
4. I like the concept but as has been mentioned there are some technical issues.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back