Wedding 9-11-10

Not too bad...I have seen MUCH,much,much,much worse stuff. The kissing shot + church is sort of like the 1980's cheeze that people used to love, yet the couple might like it even today...hey...you know, it's them kissing, the church, personal involvement...

...I suspect (hope) that most of the softness is from web re-sizing from your web host. Thanks for re-activating the links. You will get better if you keep trying. Don't let a rough reception here discourage you.

if your clients were happy then dont sweat everyone on here. But with you posting them on here be ready for anything and dont be so sensitive. The rings are OOF just a FYI

Im a newbie myself so take this with a grain of salt :)

#1 Dont care for it but like someone already said the clients might since its a personal thing. Maybe try it in black and white?

I think would look much better even with the OOF rings if you removed their hands from the rose and put them on simple black background. I get that its her bouquet and all but they are to distracting. I also agree that a reversal of colors would be better.

Bad angle and Im a fan of angle shots (and weird shots altogether). Also I think you should have used a shallower depth of focus so the focus would be more on the couple on not on what is going on behind them. Her dress is blown out and I would have lessened the redness on his face.

I played around with number 1 and 3 and both look much better IMO in black and white, what editing software to you use?

Im a newbie to and it can be hard to hear someone say that an image that you think is good or okay is not but that is how we learn. Getting feedback on your images might make you see something that you wouldn't have otherwise as we tend to get blinded by our own want (which is good photos). It might take some negative feedback for you to say hey you know he/she is right and then the next time you take a picture you will make that change and see that it made your image WAY better.

:)

IMG_4869-101.jpg

here is a reversed pic of the hands.

I know the rings are oof and I am not sure how to add sparkle to the rings I will search my tutorials when I get home tonight if my new modem comes today. It started smoking last night, I was a lucky girl to be sitting there with it started smoking it could have caught the house on fire.

Sparkle, as with anything, is best if you can get it done in camera. When doing product work on rings like this, having a small LED flashlight handy that you can shine into the diamond to make that sparkle works very well.

Having to rely on processing over processing to make an image work usually, well, doesnt work.

If you are using photoshop, there is a filter => render => lighting effects. Not sure if you can use this for sparkle, but might be a start.

I am using photoshop thanks for the tip about sparkle. I will definitely try that maybe with my rings at home and see what I get. Thanks!!

How do we post a new topic on here. I dunno if someone can refer too. Im after help about shooting star trails withthe nilon d5000. Justwanted to know if there are specific lenses/equipment we need or if the standard kit lens are ok for it? If you guys can tell me where to go, that would be fab. thanks

How do we post a new topic on here. I dunno if someone can refer too. Im after help about shooting star trails withthe nilon d5000. Justwanted to know if there are specific lenses/equipment we need or if the standard kit lens are ok for it? If you guys can tell me where to go, that would be fab. thanks

As with pretty much every other online forum... :D
On the upper left, click on FORUM
In there, browse down and find a forum you think your question should go in. Or just do like 99% of other people and dump everything in the Beginner section.
From there, up top, there is a CREATE NEW TOPIC button.
Click it, off you go.

I am using photoshop thanks for the tip about sparkle. I will definitely try that maybe with my rings at home and see what I get. Thanks!!

I still dont get it right all the time. If you are doing shots of wedding rings on a wedding day, as part of the prep work (photos of the bride getting ready, makeup, the dress,...) ask for the rings to get some shots of those without the hands. Gives you a bit more time alone with them to get them juuuuust right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back