Wedding Photographer Tips

Okay, so it looks like I might invest in an external flash, since my biggest problem will be taking place inside the church. I'm looking for one under $100. Any suggestions? Looking on Amazon, it looks like there is one for $40, then everything else is above $200. And this is for a Canon DSLR camera (Rebel T4i). If I get a flash, then will a diffuser be imperative? I feel like every piece of equipment I buy will lead to another I really need. :(

I got a Yongnuo 565 EX with a diffuser for just a little over $100.. got it from these guys.

YONGNUO YN 565EX Flash Speedlite Diffuser for Nikon D3100 D5000 D5100 D7000 817211026152 | eBay

Since you'll be most likely relying on the flash a lot I'd recommend at least a couple of sets of spare batteries for it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you had the skills, the gear you have would work just fine. But it doesn't read like you have the skills to pull this shoot off. The upside is that you have until next summer to practice and learn. A lot of people assume that shooting weddings is a simple task, everyone except the people that have screwed one up.

Take the time to learn, look though wedding photos, find out where they are getting married and look at how you might set things up, the more prepared you are the easier it will be.

Most reactions

Back