wedding photography

I strongly suggest waiting to do weddings until your ready to spend $ on gear. I carry about $20,000 in gear to a wedding. You NEED to have 2 bodies. If your main one fails just before a ceremony, your pooched. Backups are essential. Try shooting family, maternity, infant work first. If it doesn't turn out or gear fails, you can always do it again. If your gear fails at a wedding, the couple looses their photos.

so i want to start shooting wedding and event photography, and wanted to know which lenses you guys recommend.
preferably the jack of all trades of wedding lenses due to my tight budget.
(i am using a Canon 50D)
I think if you can share the event sight then I will be able to suggest a perfect option to opt with. Also, It looks like you are really tight on a budget.

I'm sure the answers have been found since 2009.

Gotta love it when people dredge up a decade-old thread for their first post. You have to wonder what they're really trying to do here...

Posting your first post in a dead thread should be an auto-ban! :uncomfortableness:

Gotta love it when people dredge up a decade-old thread for their first post. You have to wonder what they're really trying to do here...

Posting your first post in a dead thread should be an auto-ban! :uncomfortableness:
Agreed. I think the post was likely a one hot wonder anyway.

There's apparently an issue with the new format Forum software where it'll kick up threads of a similar nature to those being discussed and there clearly no time limit historically. I was supposed to have been looked at but evidently not resolved yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back