wedding photography

Search for an answer, boy is THAT ever an unusual approach to getting an answer to a commonly asked question.

:lol:

I first realized that the search function must not be commonly used on this forum, when I posted a thread the other day and the first thing I said was, I spent the morning using the search function and had found all my answers in past threads but the one specific one I was asking.

One of the replies was a moderator thanking me for using the search function. :lmao:

That's actually sad, but still a little funny, LOL.

Hey guys, I have picked up some work lights with clamps from Home Depot and daylight bulbs, I wanted to know if that and my D40 would be enough to get the photos I need at a wedding? I also have a Sony Cybershot for backups..

thanks.

Don't forget a surge protector and extension cord for the lights. You should be good to go after that.

Might want to bring some tacos too... Tacos are always good to have on hand...
I would have never thought to bring tacos!!!!!

I did just come up with an idea... I will bring a flashlight and then have them all stand really still and I will PAINT them...... hell yeah.

You should use some christmas lights too, so you can make crazy colors. I say you should just bring your cell phone and shoot with that. A dslr might be too much for a wedding but the tacos well those are completely necessary and an essential part of any proper wedding.
http://www.weddingplanninginstitute.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/taco-bell-wedding.jpg
I shot that wedding actually and the tacos were already there!

Don't forget a surge protector and extension cord for the lights. You should be good to go after that.

Might want to bring some tacos too... Tacos are always good to have on hand...
I would have never thought to bring tacos!!!!!

I did just come up with an idea... I will bring a flashlight and then have them all stand really still and I will PAINT them...... hell yeah.

You should use some christmas lights too, so you can make crazy colors. I say you should just bring your cell phone and shoot with that. A dslr might be too much for a wedding but the tacos well those are completely necessary and an essential part of any proper wedding.
http://www.weddingplanninginstitute.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/taco-bell-wedding.jpg
I shot that wedding actually and the tacos were already there!
:clap::lmao::clap:
Too funny!

Yeah, and the wedding photographer can use the flashlights for strobes....
who needs lights? Lets shoot at highest at iso 25600, f/1.4, 1/100 sec, in RAW of course (then ask q why raw is better),
I ain't gonna take your picture on my cellphone, and I ain't gonna call you on my camera...
WHY NOT... wedding photographers will have to switch to cell-cameras. It'll be ALL IN ONE - shoot-->process-->sent to lab for prints & ALL before you even shoot the last frame for the evening :)
----------------
Bakko,
new friend for you... rather a partner
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/188278-quick-eqiupment-question-my-first-wedding.html

I ain't gonna take your picture on my cellphone, and I ain't gonna call you on my camera...
WHY NOT... wedding photographers will have to switch to cell-cameras. It'll be ALL IN ONE - shoot-->process-->sent to lab for prints & ALL before you even shoot the last frame for the evening :)

Better make it a smart phone too, so you can book your appointments on it, and e-mail the proofs to the client.

Quote: Originally Posted by IgsEMT
Quote:
Wait you guys don't have this
http://www.cameraphonereport.com/ima...mera_phone.jpg

Does that come in Nikon? with builtin f/2.8 regardless of the lens? :lmao:

With a kit lens that is 18-800? :lol:

hey hey, the kitt lens is 12-800, You made a mistake there buddy :lmao:

actually, it would be my dreams lens 10-300 2.8 fx :D

threadjacked.gif

:boogie::boogie::boogie:

so i want to start shooting wedding and event photography, and wanted to know which lenses you guys recommend.
preferably the jack of all trades of wedding lenses due to my tight budget.
(i am using a Canon 50D)

There is no such thing, end of

Quote: Originally Posted by IgsEMT
Quote:
Wait you guys don't have this
http://www.cameraphonereport.com/ima...mera_phone.jpg

Does that come in Nikon? with builtin f/2.8 regardless of the lens? :lmao:

With a kit lens that is 18-800? :lol:

hey hey, the kitt lens is 12-800, You made a mistake there buddy :lmao:

actually, it would be my dreams lens 10-300 2.8 fx :D

You need to be more specific ~

Doncha mean a Nikkor 10-300mm AF f/2.8 FX EX DX ED GII VR ???

Asphixiated? I mean aspherical, ultra wide-angle superzoom,

In a padded zippered case, not just a pouch,

With an instruction manual for what to do with that sucker,

With a lens hood,

With a 377mm threaded front lens for the CPL and clear protective front filter,

Now THAT's a lens to dream about, leave it on the camera, and leave the camera on the dolly, all the time...

And you can power the AF motor with only 12hp, you can choose from either Honda or Briggs and Stratton.

Bigtwinkey was being too kind (It is christmas time).... you are not ready to become a wedding photographer. You have no idea what lenses are used, no back up camera, tight budget??????
I dont want to burst your bubble but you really should at the very least have a sound knowledge of camera equipment, spares, and a budget that allows you to at least give real service as a pro........
Taking pics of a bride is not what this business is all about..... to the bride (and her family and friends) it is the biggest day of her life and she wants it recorded. Taking a few pics and have your family tell you that you are good will not cut it.
Ask yourself these questions.
Is my photography superb (not good - superb)
Can I, hand on heart, capture the day
If something goes wrong (it will) can I rectify this

People looking for cheap photographers are NOT looking for cheap results
Hundreds of people are buying digital cameras and setting themselves up in business...
My advice is to spend a few years, attending courses, working as an assistant, then second shooter and then maybe move on

Most reactions

Back