Wedding Photography

Craigoooo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum as well as the whole "photography" thing. I mostly was a web designer and graphic designer so I bought a D90 for those projects but my photography opportunities have continued to expand so why not take advantage? I just did my first wedding and I think I did pretty good. I have never even worked with a professional photographer before (and I'm not married so not too experienced with wedding albums) so I'm pretty clueless. I figured I would join something like this to try to get some pointers from the pros. Are there popular effects commonly used in wedding photography? Are there "key" things to capture other than the obvious? I'm also designing a book for them that's like 26 pages. You can see a couple of the pages at:

Photography, wedding photography, new bedfordford photographer, providence photographer, fall river photographer

Thanks in advance!
Craig

Welcome to the forum.

So besides your D90 (and what lens?), what gear do you have/use? To be a serious / professional wedding photographer, you will need to have back-up gear and it would certainly be a good idea to invest in some good quality lenses.

Love the snapshots! Good job!
I Would also suggest some B&W, the selective coloring is key. Image blurr isn't bad to have either.
Good luck shooting your weddings with, (my guess) your D90 starter kit.

You admit you're "clueless" about wedding photography but your site advertises that you're "equipped to handle any professional photography project." Oy vey.

This is where good people get scammed by people like you that advertise that you're so well equipped with a D90 starter kit. Get lost. Stuff like this really grinds my gears.

"Of course 99% of the images contained in this website were shot by us."

Just curious but, who shot the other 1% ?

Vignetting and soft focus are key.
You forgot selective coloring.

Haha, RIGHT... right...

I was reading this from my phone at work and was too impatient to try to type out any more than that. XD I also didn't realize they had left a link... ::clicks link::

I shouldn't laugh, but threads like this are just ridiculous.

tip: look through wedding books. not just the photos posted online after the wedding, but albulms created for the clients who will dish out $1000+ for a great product/service. You are off to a good start, but have a LONG way to go when it comes to post production and putting together an albumn that doesn't look like a scrapbook.

Best of luck. :) and build up that portfolio.

Love the snapshots! Good job!
I Would also suggest some B&W, the selective coloring is key. Image blurr isn't bad to have either.
Good luck shooting your weddings with, (my guess) your D90 starter kit.

No real need to be a total D**k it is the beginner forum. I realize we get hundreds of these a week but come on...

To the op I suggest looking in the proffesional section , people section , and just read as much as you can about posing , lighting and equipment. How about this for starters, tips !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back