Wedding Photogs -- Can you please explain bizarre behaviour?

As I noted this isn't the first (or the second or the third) wedding party I've stumbled across down here. Given some of the identifying stickers and plate holders on their cars, I'm confident these folks weren't from anywhere nearby. They drove down into the dirty city looking for a place like this. I'm bemused by it and puzzled by it as it really does seem rather weird, but there's also a little nagging something about it that bugs me.

Yeah, that they came there from out of town seems [gah - I know there is a word that describes how I feel, but I can't think of it, so it will take an entire sentence (or more) to explain it] "off" to me...

[It's like, they want to show how cool or tough or *whatever* they are, but they are so far from actually being what they're pretending to be that they can't even find a suitable location where they live.]

They are posers. That's the word I was looking for.

What's the difference between them and any other wedding party? they've contracted a photographer to take photos of them in particular settings, whether it's a churchyard or a boneyard it's still egotistical posing if that's the view you want to take of it.

To an extent, I agree with you. The difference though, is that they are so far removed from what they would like to project themselves as, that they had to go to a whole other town to do it.

Why not? This alley for example, it smelled like piss.

p1491048106-4.jpg

Exactly! Given the age of my prostate plus the diuretic my Doc makes me take for my blood pressure, by the time I turn the corner to head under the bridge and start around to the grocery store I usually have to pee pretty bad. Those guys were standing right where I stop and piss. They were standing right where I have stopped and pissed many scores of times -- for years now. In fact I pissed there today and had just finished a couple minutes before they showed up. That's how I got their photo; I was walking away up the tracks after taking a piss and I had to stop and laugh watching the ladies in heels try and get over the tracks to go stand in pee. I'm still laughing, but it does still kinda bug me.

Joe

Most reactions

Back