Ok, so after careful reading, here's where I decided to spend the money:
1. SB600 (no kit) used with alkaline/lithium batteries
2. SC-29 shoe cord
3. Really right stuff B-87B Flash bracket with plate
4. Monfrotto monopod 681B with 3025 junior head
5. Battery grip with 2 additional batteries and more memory cards.
I am going to rent out the 70-200 Nikkor VR f/2.8 lens
I will have a 24-70mm f/2.8 nikkor lens and a 14-24 f/2.8 nikkor lens.
At this point I can't get a hold of any primes or another body and I don't want to rent more than just one lens.
Will I be ok with this?
My biggest concern is switching between lenses. As I am an amateur, I can't really anticipate which one I will need for which situation as I'm guessing everything is going to go by really fast.
What would you recommend? Which lens to have in church? Which one for the park photos and then which one for the reception?
Please just give me a ballpark idea. I really don't want to be running around like a headless chicken changing lenses every 5 minutes, especially since I only have one body.
Jaszek, I'm from the Chicago suburb area.
DRroberts, thanks for the advice, I'm trying not to invest in anything that I think will drag my finances too much but it looks like I already have 2 more weddings this year ahead of me so I'd like to start gathering all the stuff I'll need for the future too