Wedding Pictures (large share)

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C is welcome, of course, but for the most part I just wanted to share for those of you who have been asking. Like I've said in other threads these edits are the easy ones first. The hard (indoor) photos I'm saving for last. I will post them here as I get finished editing them. This is what I have so far. I'm definitely not happy with a lot of them, but considering my circumstances, I suppose I did alright with what I have.

Oh! And I already know that I am inconsistent in editing! I'm trying though!

11/13/10 by jenangeljen, on Flickr

Elaine by jenangeljen, on Flickr

11/13/10 Wedding by jenangeljen, on Flickr

One thing I never do, make sure I reverse if it is done and command my "students" to never do, is sharpen a woman's skin. It shows every flaw, blemish and wrinkle to perfection. Something women don't appreciate. They live with it but would rather not have it so clearly displayed. I take pains to select eyes for sharpening, clothes etc all the while avoiding magnifying all the wrinkles and such. Soften a woman's skin and they love me.

#8. Mug shot of granny.

#13. Here they are, squeezing her into her dress...

Sorry to be so negative. I just don't see any real happiness from the event- from the photos posted I would think it was two women getting married with two people sitting in attendance.

#1 is by far your best shot. #2 is not bad, but looking straight down that railing is a bit distracting.

Lets see some of the other photos, maybe a groom..... or two?

p!nK

Lol wow. Like I said I am still editing. These are just the ones done so far. Granny was barely coherent. There wasn't really a lot of options there. You'll see more of her later. Brides wanted me by their side so I stayed there more often than not though. That's true. More brides than grooms for sure.

I like them in general. I also understand how hard it can be to get "great" shots when the subjects aren't necessarily cooperating or flattering in the first place. Maybe posing the ladies at an angle instead of shooting them straight on could help give a thinning effect.

I totally agree with most of you. Problem #1 was I didn't take charge. I let these ladies do as they wanted.

Bride 2 (the older bride) wanted really no part of the picture taking. She wants pictures. She's paying for a package, but she didn't really want to DO it. I dunno. They were SO rushed. The priest was rushing because he wanted them in the reception area. Everyone else was rushing because they wanted them in the reception area. They were rushing because they wanted to be in the reception area.

It was a very hectic day and overall I'm pleased with what I was able to achieve. I really don't know how I could have done much better with my Problem #1. If I had taken control (and actually been successful at it), we would have been doing outside pictures for probably at least another 30 minutes.

With that being said, I was there at 1 as they requested. The wedding started at 3 and ended at 3:40. The reception started then and I was there for about 20-30 minutes of it. So MOST of my pictures are prewedding. There was SO much time prewedding that I actually ran out of stuff to photograph!

I don't know. Like I said, I learned a LOT. But I think the most important part of the lesson I learned was that I need to take charge. I also learned I am not going to try to do bridal portraits on the wedding day. I wonder if most brides don't want you to leave to photog the groom... I mean... SO few pictures of them! I will also be more careful about pricing and preparing for equipment rental/purchase and making the two work together. I have no intentions of doing another wedding for a LONG time. I have a LOT to learn.

This ended up being more like a friend helping a friend, even though I did get paid. (albeit not much) Thanks for all of your input and I will continue to use it to learn from this experience.

Well I think for your first go, you didn't do to bad. It's also nice to see that your shots for the most part are sharp. I know you were having issues with that before. Some of your shots are too tightly cropped. (the 2nd cake shot & second flower shot are good examples)

You know what, the photos are nice and crisp and clear. They have good color which the brides seemed to feel was important in their bold color choices and I think you captured that. I think they will be pleased and would be surprised if they are not.

The only thing that might come after you post some more is the story of their day, the others, as some have suggested...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back