wedding rings with christmas bokeh

It may be me but its such a shallow DOF that the ring is on the edge of the OOF part of the photo...the focus is landing just in front of the ring...also, should the diamond be a little more noticeable? It seems dull and lifeless. The OOF points in the background are very distracting from the subject which I would assume is the ring. What were the points of light in the background or is that faked "bokeh". I notice a few of them have irregular bottoms (specifically the ones to the immediate left and right of the ring). Perhaps this link will give you a feel of what to shoot for: hturl

There is a big difference between wedding shots of rings, and product photography.
A photographer at a wedding is trying to creatively show the wedding rings, in relation to the theme of the celebration.

No problem Bitter. Figured your photography and awesome jewelry would be a good match for showing how to pull of good shots. I've added a link somewhere else instead. I apologize for pointing someone to your website, I didn't realize you would mind. I'll duly note that for the future. You do have good shots that would inspire others though.

There is a big difference between wedding shots of rings, and product photography.
A photographer at a wedding is trying to creatively show the wedding rings, in relation to the theme of the celebration.
There may be differences but are there not also similarities? Product shots and wedding shots should both have the ring in focus, no?

Last edited:
Be that as it may, I still like the products in the website and the gifted artist for whom the website is for...no opinion about the website itself...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back