Wedding Rings

D3Shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I got married this weekend. As the photographer was taking pictures of flowers, rings, people, etc.. I grabbed my camera and shot this one. Let me know what you think, but don't be too harsh on me. Still have the "newly wed" high.

View attachment 25011

Attachments

• $rings2.jpg
    $rings2.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 113
I would expect your photographers ring shots will be much better and you will probably throw this one out. Sorry if that's too harsh, just being honest.

Let me know what you think, but don't be too harsh on me. Still have the "newly wed" high.
That's an oxymoron.
It's a snapshot, might as well use a cell phone.

Lighting: very harsh and directional. Yes, you can use this type of lighting but in this specific image, it doesn't work.
Exposure: seems well exposed. Hard to judge on non-calib monitor.

Composition:
Is that a vase of a cowboy boot?
Flower at bottom right - got no light.
I like the w/e it is that the rings are on - leading lines :) BUT...I'm all pro non standard crop sizes (they make you think about the image) but here, there's just SO MUCH OTHER STUFF going on that rings are barely noticeable.

Next time you want to take a picture, ask your self "what will this image represent?" If you say people, then you shouldn't have demolition derby smoke w/ one person standing somewhere barely visible. If you say rings, then maybe put the ring on the cake, put them on flower, make then STANDOUT from their environment, not blend in and disappear (like it is here).

Now the non-harsh part:
The best part about taking a crappy shot, is that once you learn & understand why it is crappy, you can only improve. Congrads on the wedding :)

Keep shooting and improving ;)

Let me know what you think, but don't be too harsh on me. Still have the "newly wed" high.
That's an oxymoron.
It's a snapshot, might as well use a cell phone.

Lighting: very harsh and directional. Yes, you can use this type of lighting but in this specific image, it doesn't work.
Exposure: seems well exposed. Hard to judge on non-calib monitor.

Composition:
Flower at bottom right - got no light.
I like the w/e it is that the rings are on - leading lines :) BUT...I'm all pro non standard crop sizes (they make you think about the image) but here, there's just SO MUCH OTHER STUFF going on that rings are barely noticeable.

Next time you want to take a picture, ask your self "what will this image represent?" If you say people, then you shouldn't have demolition derby smoke w/ one person standing somewhere barely visible. If you say rings, then maybe put the ring on the cake, put them on flower, make then STANDOUT from their environment, not blend in and disappear (like it is here).

Now the non-harsh part:
The best part about taking a crappy shot, is that once you learn & understand why it is crappy, you can only improve. Congrads on the wedding :)

Keep shooting and improving ;)

+1

Composition:

It would be the Borks and front shield of a Fire Helmet...

i thought it was a purse.
definitely needs better lighting, maybe a little closer in. you don't get much ring detail on this shot.

definitely needs better lighting, maybe a little closer in. you don't get much ring detail on this shot.

With all due respect, letting people know your a paramedic and not knowing the difference between a purse and a fire helmet is an embarrassment! I can take the C&C but seriously..........

With all due respect, letting people know your a paramedic and not knowing the difference between a purse and a fire helmet is an embarrassment! I can take the C&C but seriously..........

with all due respect, thinking EVERY paramedic works for a fire department is an embarrassment. perhaps if the helmet had been properly lit....

with all due respect, thinking EVERY paramedic works for a fire department is an embarrassment. perhaps if the helmet had been properly lit....

I didn't say every paramedic works for a fire department. What I am saying is, with the exception of you obviously, I could show this to 100 private paramedics and they would know what it is. PS sorry the Fire Service was too hard for you and didn't mean to hurt your feelings ;)

I didn't say every paramedic works for a fire department. What I am saying is, with the exception of you obviously, I could show this to 100 private paramedics and they would know what it is. PS sorry the Fire Service was too hard for you and didn't mean to hurt your feelings ;)

wow. now you assume I had any inclination at all to be in the fire service. obviously you are unable to take the critique since you felt it necessary to resort to a personal attack. It is my fault entirely, and I apologize for it. I assure you, it wont happen again. I did NOT intend to harsh your newly-wed high. after 13 years of marriage myself, I am STILL in that state of mind.

So, I got married this weekend. As the photographer was taking pictures of flowers, rings, people, etc.. I grabbed my camera and shot this one. Let me know what you think, but don't be too harsh on me. Still have the "newly wed" high.

As photographs go, this is not very good. You probably had other things on your mind, and were distracted. After you settle down some, you can then concentrate on photography better.

Really, it's a helmet?

I spend 6yrs working EMS, never seen a helmet like that. HOWEVER, since this is a photography matter, not type of helmet it is, CC stays the same.

Really, it's a helmet?

I spend 6yrs working EMS, never seen a helmet like that. HOWEVER, since this is a photography matter, not type of helmet it is, CC stays the same.

I've got over 10 in EMS.....done debating what it is...boot...purse...helmet. You're absolutely right CC stays the same. To each their own....

seriously.. the guy just got married. things on the absolute bottom of his "give a crap" list? people jerking his chain on the internet.
give him a few days to recuperate first.

on a side note...I think i am using the word "seriously" too much lately. I need to find a new word for a while.

Most reactions

Back