What's new

Wedding/Send-off Photo critique

Pukka312

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
193
Reaction score
50
Location
US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have finally found access to some wifi and gained the courage to face the fire and absorb some contructive criticism. I'm going to upload some of the photos that I feel shows my best work...and I want to know where I can focus on improving most. I've seen photos on the forum that I feel are beautiful shots and then see some critiques that make me rethink my own perception. So, I need your eyes on this. I have been shooting manual for just under a year, so I'm still not nailing my exposures every time, but I've made progress. :) (The wifi I've access to is very slow [tanzania has really slow internet] so I'm still only uploading compressed photos, otherwise it would likely take 4-5 hours to upload - hopefully you can still critique a compressed-for-web photo)

$IMG_0147-88.webp$IMG_0604-15.webp$IMG_1112-107.webp$IMG_1451-40.webp$IMG_1750-66.webp$IMG_1985-53.webp$IMG_2197-28.webp$IMG_2375-36.webp$IMG_3070-213edit.webp$IMG_3507-468edit.webp
 
$IMG_3709-159web.webp$IMG_4062-181web.webp$IMG_4322-238web.webp$IMG_4867-478web.webp$IMG_5800-13.webp$IMG_6988-4.webp$IMG_8597-56web.webp$IMG_3577-151web.webp$IMG_3745-163web.webp$IMG_3862-102web.webp
 
I think they are all good! One possible exception is the third from last ring shot.

Also your watermark is somewhat distracting. Good concepts, and I especially like the wedding party at the airport.
 
Thank you. I'm actually a bit happy you said my watermark is distracting...It means that when they share my photos on blogs, they can't ignore who shot the photo :) I went aggressive on the watermark because I had my photos being shared without mention of my company and locals told me to watermark because there is a lot of image theft.

And actually I can believe it! In one of the local ads for a competing photography company, they had a shutterstock image as a sample of their work...complete with the shutterstock watermark! - crazy considering it's a photography company. God knows why they would have to steal an image! Sometimes I will see billboard images here and wonder where they got the photo (a popular housing billboard has an obviously American home featured, as they don't have aluminum sizing on homes here, so my husband and I keep wondering if they bought the image or hijacked it). Regardless, I'm pretty sure they aren't familiar with copyright laws here.
 
They are a great set, nice vibrant colours without being too saturated, and all technically very good IMO. I would agree on the ring shot, the narrow DOF just doesn't seem quite right for my money, maybe if the ring wasn't right in the centre of the frame?? I wouldn't worry too much about the watermarks, (as long as they arn't in the couples album :) )
 
Thanks so much for the kind words. I laughed when you suggested moving the ring shot off center...I'm sort of a rule of thirds junkie and have to coach myself to not shoot everything via that rule! In the ring instance though, I think you're right. It would look better if I revised the composition
 
Thanks so much for the kind words. I laughed when you suggested moving the ring shot off center...I'm sort of a rule of thirds junkie and have to coach myself to not shoot everything via that rule! In the ring instance though, I think you're right. It would look better if I revised the composition

I wasn't going to mention the rule of thirds, Its clear from your other shots that your very familiar with it, and your right that not every shot has to played by this rule. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom