Wedding shoot noob

Here is a few from my sis in laws wedding

And you're thinking these are evidence of your pro level skill?

• You're using a naked pop-up flash
• You didn't even bother to crop / straighten the wedding party shot
• The B&W shot is badly under-exposed

I'm going to assume that since you select these images to post, you think they're some of your very best work.

You don't want to hear this, but the simple fact is that you don't yet have anywhere near the skill set to shoot a wedding solo. If that's what you want to do, study up, find a pro who will let you second for him/her and teach you how to shoot like a pro. 'Cause right now, you might as well be some cousin of the bride/groom with a P&S.

Not trying to be rude, just realistic. You have a lot of work to do.

I have to agree with James. Your work is not on a pro level or even an advanced beginner. The use of flash is not effective. Lots of harsh reflections and shadows. White balance issues. Nothing artistic at all. I see no shallow depth of field shots or anything to mix it up. I would recommend that you do some more research on wedding photography and viewing other professional galleries. I views other artists photos on a daily basis to get inspiration and compare my own work to others on a professional level. Keep practicing kid. And dont worry about some harsh critiques. Just a bit of hazing and motivation. Sometimes you need that.

The pics you've shared are not on a level with what this community considers acceptable, as we've seen with the critiques so far. And I agree with them personally.

We all start somewhere and my hat's off to you far maintaining a "I'm here to learn" attitude.

If the bride and the mother have seen this work and are ok with this level of photography at their wedding, I don't see an issue.

Bitter...you forgot the <sarcasm> font </sarcasm>:lmao:

If you acknowledged that, then I didn't need it. :greenpbl:

i don't mind anyone shooting for the first time. i am always ready to encourage. that said, you have to KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW AND KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW! i know what i can and cannot do. i know my skill level and limitations and i charge clients accordingly. too many Noobs post almost arrogantly and get upset with harsh critiques. harsh critiques from those more experienced are a lot more beneficial then screwing up a wedding. if you are new, listen and learn. if critiques are harsh, so what!!!

...take a look at my work and critique all you like. be harsh. either i will disagree given artistic differences, or i will learn from my mistakes. in the end, it is about improving and not ego

Most reactions

Back