Wedding shoot

Barbara101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter uses a Nikon D3000 and was asked to shoot a small family wedding. My question is should she use raw image or jpeg? She uses jpeg all the time. She has a Mac computer and appeture software but she saids she has to change everything to jpeg after she has it is raw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Barbara

always shoot RAW

Well if she knows nothing about editing photos then maybe shooting jpeg would be better. Raw is the best if you can edit...

Sounds like your daughter is not ready to shoot a wedding... Or does she shoot professionally with the D3000?

Last edited:
indoor wedding? hows the light in the church if it is? one of the reasons i upgraded from the D3000 was it didn't have the best low light ability. id be looking into that for sure if its indoors. though i also wonder if she is ready for a wedding shoot.

raw may contain parasites, molds and bacteria. I'd recommend medium

Screw the DSLR and just take a couple disposables. The quality will be the same.

Screw the DSLR and just take a couple disposables. The quality will be the same.

+1, i have seen many a disposable take better pictures then a dslr in the wrong hands. 35mm film is much bigger and captures more light then a crop sensor camera, and if someone is shooting with a d3000 on auto then most likely the pictures wont be very good.

She may have to change everything to jpeg after she shoots RAW, but there is much more you can do for adjustment to a RAW file. She will be able to pull more out of shots where the exposures and white balances were not right.

My friend has some wisdom teeth to take out, i've got a 4x4 pickup with a ball hitch on it and about 100ft of bailing twine. Should I do this on gravel, or pavement?

My friend has some wisdom teeth to take out, i've got a 4x4 pickup with a ball hitch on it and about 100ft of bailing twine. Should I do this on gravel, or pavement?

Sand, but only use 20 feet of twine max.

Most reactions

Back