Wedding

Ok get some gels and get practice bouncing it off of the ceiling. Thanks for the input... All you can think of would be appreciated. I need to play with the off camera flash a little more... I just got it and the pics I take with it seem to be too bright.
There are just a ton of tutorials online for a motivated photographer to learn from. And this is generally acknowledged as the best one.

One of the keys to successfully using speedlights is understanding why your aperture controls the exposure of the subject but the shutter speed controls the exposure of the background.

Your camera has a maximum flash sync shutter speed (1/200? for your camera) If you try to use a higher shutter speed (than the sync speed) to stop motion, your images will have part of them blacked out. So you can't use a shutter speed greater than your cameras sync speed. (There is a feature that many speedlights have called FP sync. I don't know if your 3rd party Bower can do that. At any rate it eats up batteries and can seriously overheat a speedlight if used to excess.)

That's ok though because the speedlights flash will stop motion because it's much faster than your shutter.

So, with a speedlight, on or off camera, aperture controls the exposure of your subject and shutter speed controls the exposure of your background.

If the yacht has a dark wood ceiling you won't get much bounce and you'll get a color cast which is another reason to have color correcting gels handy.

Oh, spare batteries and spare batteries and spare batteries for camera and speedlight(s).

Practice as much as possible before the wedding.

I sooo appreciate the possitive feed back. I'm going to look into the gels asap. Batteries CHECK! Off camera flash CHECK! Will be getting a lot of practice too. Thanks!

Does the hired pro know this? Best advice is to stay out of the way while you're "practicing."

Ummm thanks for the advice. Just stay out of the way? :lol: ... Hold on I'm gonna write that down... Ok, should I hide too? Avoid eye contact? Do a quick little bow everytime the PRO walks by? Thanks again! :meh:

Does the hired pro know this? Best advice is to stay out of the way while you're "practicing."

Ummm thanks for the advice. Just stay out of the way? :lol: ... Hold on I'm gonna write that down... Ok, should I hide too? Avoid eye contact? Do a quick little bow everytime the PRO walks by? Thanks again! :meh:

:lmao::lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back