Wee hour...

Dpez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
am new to photpgraphy...still trying to catch up on things...does the following two early morning shots make it?

Good-morning-Kids-BasketBal.jpg

Good-morning.jpg

I really like the first shot with zero motion on that ball.

nice, i really like that first one too. i like the composition, the haze, the ball and the almost silhouette of the one boy.

on the second one, my eye doesn't know what to focus on. the chairs are a little distracting for me.

@Christie...
oh, is it...
actually my focus was on the person....n since all those chairs were laid near to him, they came in sharper focus too...i wish the fog was thicker a bit, that wud not have distracted eyes onto the chairs for sure...

but just wondering, there don't the chairs let achieve vertically symmetric exposure, by the vertical line along middle of the photograph?...doesn't it add some life in the left too...or may be not...

@Michael...thanx.

Well, I like the second one and I like to be one of the silent, distant observers out there in the fog, along with the other one there who sits and watches.

In the first, the near boy is too dark for my liking, I am not fan of his being a silhouette only, and it bothers me that he seems totally unfazed by the falling ball ... the contradiction may be the extra good part of the photo, but if that is so then I am too thick to get it...

@LaFoto,

in the first one, i intended to make the boy silhouette eventually...
but, the fact was, he was to run for the ball immediately after he throwed it up and it came down through the basket...so he was just to start running...so that was the message, which I think have not been conveyed well in the pic...snapped just a second later, the boy could hv been shown running, but then i wud hv missed the ball hung up...hmm, "dilemma behind the lense"...:)

Thanx Jeroen

second is all about capturing the mood...
the person sitting is a retired one, kids settled abroad, wife no more...i was a bit surpised to see him on the bench in the jogger's park right at 6:30am, in winter amidst fog!...so that just inspired the shot...

Sorry, but I just don't like the composition.
In my opinion you should have stepped a few meters to the right to bring the play field and the man closer together and the chairs out of the picture.

okay...that's a nice idea too...:)

jeroen said:
Sorry, but I just don't like the composition.
In my opinion you should have stepped a few meters to the right to bring the play field and the man closer together and the chairs out of the picture.

Dpez, don't listen to me. I know nothing of the technical side. I just give my opinion, for what it's worth.:lol:

I do think I get the "mood" of the second one. I would try the suggestion to move to the right also. I like how the man is watching from afar.:D

yes, i like the idea too now...i cud hv composed it from right a bit for better...particularly since, not only kids were playing, but also there were stadium stands and two adjoint basket-ball courts...though fog thick enough...still cud hv occurred to me at least...but u know u get lots of ideas how to catch a thief, when a thief has done his job and has already left the house...:D

Most reactions

Back