What's new

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! HAHAHA! (Legit question inside).

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
1,985
Location
Nashville, Tn
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
^^^^ Sorry... I'm just giddy. :biggrin:

So I just found out I'm going out on tour for a month (YAY!!!!! :boogie:), and I'm OBVIOUSLY going to take my camera.

I don't know what I'll find while I'm out or if I'll even have TIME to find anything... because I'm going out for work... BUT... I'm going to be living in hotels and on a tour bus for a month, without a car.

From being on tour before, I know we'll eventually stop nearby a CVS, Walmart or something for a hotel stay or two, so I was wondering........

Can places like that take RAW images off of an SD card and put them on a disk WITHOUT turning them into jpegs?

I'm unfortunately not going to have a laptop with me so I'm not going to have anyway to pull photos off of my card when it starts to get full... but if I can just run into Walmart or CVS, pop my card in and get a disk out... I'd be cool with that.

Otherwise I may have to bribe my friend to let me utilize his laptop for storage until we get home. :lol:

KTHANXBYEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :clap: :bounce:
 
Interesting question althugh I have not the slightest idea.

But instead of storing the shots on your friend's laptop, just use the laptop to get them off your card and then store them on a portable drive.
 
Interesting question althugh I have not the slightest idea.

But instead of storing the shots on your friend's laptop, just use the laptop to get them off your card and then store them on a portable drive.

HEY... now THERE'S an idea! I definitely have one of those! :lol:

Thanks :biggrin:
 
Good luck with the tour. Post your results.

Would be nice to get a 'tour documentary' type post. Back stage, on stage, front of house, cool down party, roadies setting up, bus debauchery, groupies, ...
 
Cool. All you have to do is make sure and set it up before hand, ie make sure and do an install before you leave. Don't want to be on the bus and find out his laptop doesn't have the drive for your drive, lol.
 
My first thought would be Kinkos or similar. They deal with data transfer. Bring some blank DVDs. Should be a minimal charge.
 
What kind of tour are we talking about anyways?

It's a production company that I've worked with before. Sorta show-tuney kinda stuff. But it's a company based out of Nashville, and this means getting my foot back in the door with them... and if I do well here they may start pulling me on for more... and the more work I do with them... the more likely I am to convince my husband to move to Nashville........................... :biggrin:
 
My first thought would be Kinkos or similar. They deal with data transfer. Bring some blank DVDs. Should be a minimal charge.

Definitely! Awesome, thanks!
 
Can you afford a couple more CF/SD cards? How many do you have now? Maybe going through your photos each night and deleting everything except the keepers.
 
What kind of tour are we talking about anyways?

It's a production company that I've worked with before. Sorta show-tuney kinda stuff. But it's a company based out of Nashville, and this means getting my foot back in the door with them... and if I do well here they may start pulling me on for more... and the more work I do with them... the more likely I am to convince my husband to move to Nashville........................... :biggrin:

Ok. Must be the company we talked about once upon a time, very cool. Best of luck with it all.

But, as far as Nashville is concerned... just move there. He'll follow you :lol:

And if he doesn't, just send me a PM. I'll follow you :lmao:
 
Can you afford a couple more CF/SD cards? How many do you have now? Maybe going through your photos each night and deleting everything except the keepers.

I have a bunch of cards, but I'm going out for a *month*, haha. I can't buy any more cards right now, Keith would kill me, haha.

I'll probably just talk to my friend to see if he's bringing his laptop or not so I can put them on my HD, and if not, I'll take a stack of DVDs with me.

What kind of tour are we talking about anyways?

It's a production company that I've worked with before. Sorta show-tuney kinda stuff. But it's a company based out of Nashville, and this means getting my foot back in the door with them... and if I do well here they may start pulling me on for more... and the more work I do with them... the more likely I am to convince my husband to move to Nashville........................... :biggrin:

Ok. Must be the company we talked about once upon a time, very cool. Best of luck with it all.

But, as far as Nashville is concerned... just move there. He'll follow you :lol:

And if he doesn't, just send me a PM. I'll follow you :lmao:

:biglaugh:

And yeah, it's that company we talked about once upon a time. :sillysmi:
 
Don't laugh so hard, I'm serious. Well, about you moving to Nashville. Not about me moving there, lol. I'm too darn old for moving every few months... I guess that probably means I'm too old for you :er:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom