What's new

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! HAHAHA! (Legit question inside).

Don't laugh so hard, I'm serious. Well, about you moving to Nashville. Not about me moving there, lol. I'm too darn old for moving every few months... I guess that probably means I'm too old for you :er:

:lol: :biggrin:

Well... we'll see. We've had some turn of events lately (for the better), so we could eventually land there :biggrin: I'm just sort of playing it by ear at this point, haha.
 
Keith is a musician isn't he? Nashville could be a good place for you both. As he develops his music contacts and opportunities you could do the same with your show photography. Who knows, in the not too distant future you might be THE photographer at the Grand Old Oprey :-P


30 years ago a girl from around here played small gigs with her brothers and sisters. Pretty good too. The siblings stayed here in their comfort zone but she got on a bus and headed to nashville. Made herself a nice life with a few albums and a fine reputation as a session player.

Go for it.
 
Keith is a musician isn't he? Nashville could be a good place for you both. As he develops his music contacts and opportunities you could do the same with your show photography. Who knows, in the not too distant future you might be THE photographer at the Grand Old Oprey :-P


30 years ago a girl from around here played small gigs with her brothers and sisters. Pretty good too. The siblings stayed here in their comfort zone but she got on a bus and headed to nashville. Made herself a nice life with a few albums and a fine reputation as a session player.

Go for it.

Yeah, he is. :sillysmi:

We've been talking about Nashville for a few years already, but debt and lack of funding has kept us from biting the bullet and just doing it, haha. He's been hearing more and more stories about *big name* drummers being out of work there right now, so he's hesitant to march in as "the new kid", if THEY can't even keep a steady gig right now, when he has steady work here.

However, the way that life events have panned out recently, it's not entirely out of the question...

Not only am I getting my foot back in the door with this company, a photographer friend of ours who is running a successful business over there RANDOMLY e-mailed me the other week *just* to say that she enjoys watching me grow as a photographer and wished I lived closer so that I could shoot with her.

Could the fates (or as I like to say, God...) be lining things up for us to go? I dunno... but I'm learning patience, and I believe that patience and faith is what got me this gig... so who knows what else will follow. :sillysmi:
 
You'll like Nashville. I'm only about 60mi from there and make my way there every now and then. There are tons of things to do there and a LOT of great locations for shooting. There's great natural scenery and a lot of run down rustic man-made scenery like old trains and bridges. Nashville is also surrounded by other great locations for photography. There are a lot of different cave systems less than a couple hours north, mainly Mammoth Cave. You've also got Cumberland falls only a few hours Northwest which is BEAUTIFUL scenery and you've also got Lookout Mountain on the east side of Chattanooga thats only a couple hour drive from Nashville. Have fun!
 
We've been talking about Nashville for a few years already, but debt and lack of funding has kept us from biting the bullet and just doing it, haha.

You could always move to Franklin, TN or Hendersonville, TN. Lower cost of living and only 20 min or so from Nashville.
 
My suggestion is to take your card reader and portable HDD with you. You can always find a computer in the hotel to plug your card reader in, use it to transfer the files to your portable HDD. That's the most compact and sure solution I can think of without hauling your own laptop.
 
USB cord, flash drive/external hard drive, hotel computer. That's all you need.

If all you want to do is get them off the card to free up space, there's no need to get more fancy than that.
 
Congrats and good luck Emily!!!!:hug::
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom