Weekend with Airic and Bernie (14 pics)

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We hiked over to Whitby Ont., and had a blast all weekend with Airic and his wife Bernie, Canoncan came down to the lake for some photg stuff too. My first day started at Lynnshore Conservation Area, and I was following a Barred Owl around for a few hours.

Airic has already posted a few of this beauty, and here are a few more. I lost this owl for a while, so I found a bird feeder to hang around, and collected a few shots of some other feathered friends too.

4 of us went out for dinner, along with Maria, and had a great time.. Bernie would not let go of Maria! More pics in the Snapshot Gallery soon.

1 this is the first thing I saw when I went down Halls Rd.! Too lucky!
DSC_29000218websize.jpg

2 It got a mouse shortly after, and I lost it in the trees, and caught up with it here...
DSC_29510223websize.jpg

3 It wouldn't budge from its perch here, so we took off for lunch, and a break from the snow. I came back to the area, and hung around a popular bird feeder...
DSC_29940225websize.jpg

DSC_30420228websize.jpg

5 Most of these where shot at 1/125-200 sec @ F 5.6, @ 400 ISO.. brutal dim lighting,.. and as Airic says, the 80-400 mm Nikon VR lens is very cool.
DSC_30390227websize.jpg

6 A male Dowmy Woodpecker
DSC_30810231websize.jpg

7 A Northern Red Cardinal
DSC_30770230websize.jpg

8 Blue Jay
DSC_30580229websize.jpg

9 the Barred Owl scooted over here for a peek at mouse heaven!
DSC_30870232websize.jpg

10 Then, jumped to a nice fence pole for a bit..
DSC_3088g0234websize.jpg

DSC_30900235websize.jpg

12 Here it is setting its sights for a pole accross the road...
DSC_30920236websize.jpg

13 But it skipped down to another old fence post ..
DSC_31060237websize.jpg

14 and finally to the other side of the road, and slowly getting out of range.
DSC_31390241websize.jpg

I ran out of memory, and headed back to the hotel, to make sure Daisy wasn't toooo upset with me!

Thanks for looking~!!

Nice clear photos :thumbup:
I really like #12
I think it's the combination of the dof and how natural it looks.

All of these shots are just a joy to behold! Beautiful work, with beautiful subjects. :D Love all that flying snow!

Always a treat to view your images, Raymond. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

There is not one that I do not like!
Well, these are Raymond-pics, so how COULD there be one not to be liked!?!?!?

You have the coolest of lenses.
And "your" birds are so friendly. "Mine" only make me know they were there when I - inadvertantly, for sure! - make a noise upon approaching some part of landscape and find them lift and fly away :roll:

And the only owls I ever get to see are those that cross the street at night when we rush by at 100 km/h --- they fly pretty low! Daring birds. I am surprised I don't ever see any as road kill. The bussards (which I get to see but only in that stretch of road where I can IMPOSSIBLY stop the car!) often don't make it... :cry:

Your lens gives you a wonderful DOF!
I really like 1 and 10 - 14 because of the DOF.

And I do love that close-up of the woodpecker!!!
Red cardinals are beautiful birds, too!

great series you three porduce really good bird pictures, myfavourite has to be no 7 as the red body stands out so much from its surroundings

What a great weekend we had despite the weather. You did an amazing job on the images and have kicked it up a notch from the last lens, especially with the poor lighting we had all weekend. The worst part of the weekend was keeping the snow off the cameras.

Cheers,

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back