Weekly challenge 1/5 - 1/11 Black and White landscapes

Not the best conversion as I converted to BNW from JPG for this challenge; but here's some more winter mountain drama, Seeing the clouds rise up the side of the mountain from the warmer air in the city to the cold mountain with the snow falling;
View attachment 167654

Just looked at your instagram account.
Very nice work, impressive landscapes and cityscapes!

Gerard

Reactions: D7K
Not the best conversion as I converted to BNW from JPG for this challenge; but here's some more winter mountain drama, Seeing the clouds rise up the side of the mountain from the warmer air in the city to the cold mountain with the snow falling;
View attachment 167654

Just looked at your instagram account.
Very nice work, impressive landscapes and cityscapes!

Gerard

Thanks! Really appreciate it :)

#421.jpg

Peeb, I really like it in b&w, I saw the colored one on your Flickr page but I think I like this better. :encouragement:

As you reach the top of the Rila range from where you can see the magical Seven Rila Lakes, the opposite side of the ridge offers this fantastic view towards the valley and another Rila range. This year we plan to stay in the small mountain hut which is located about 2/3 of the way into this image on the small stream...

Rila_Valley.jpg

Last edited:
@gk fotografie , I am not generally drawn to work done with fisheye len's, but I am IN LOVEEEEE with what you've done with yours. Captivating work!

@Jeff G - The contrast of the third image you posted (the tree with rocks against the white background) Is fantastic- It really shines in B&W! Well done. :)

@D7K What a stunning landscape! The dimension you've been able to capture makes me feel like I am there. Bravo!

@gk fotografie , I am not generally drawn to work done with fisheye len's, but I am IN LOVEEEEE with what you've done with yours. Captivating work!

@Jeff G - The contrast of the third image you posted (the tree with rocks against the white background) Is fantastic- It really shines in B&W! Well done. :)

@D7K What a stunning landscape! The dimension you've been able to capture makes me feel like I am there. Bravo!

Thanks JJ!

I found this exercise incredibly challenging. I will have to keep playing around with it.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why lightroom's black and white is causing a purple tone?
31735335607_df08020725_h.jpg

No idea on the purple but that is a great sky.

Most reactions

Back