Weekly challenge 10/17 - 10/23 Shoot through it!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, we’re going to practice the shoot through technique. This can be interpreted several ways. Shoot through a structure such as a window or doorway to frame your subject. Shoot through something translucent like a glass, a lens ball or sheer curtain to change the look of the subject, Shoot through an actual picture frame, or form one with your hands. Shoot through leaves or grass to give a natural subtle frame. Sometimes the object you’re shooting through will be visible like a frame, sometimes it will be blurred or just hinted at. Make sure if it’s not obvious, that you comment on what you were shooting through. Bonus points if you post a shoot through portrait!

Photography Composition Tip: Using a Frame Within a Frame

14 Objects To Shoot Through for Creative Photographic Effects

This was A Tiff photo.. just realized they do not upload in a normal way.. so I put it on as my screen saver and then took a photo of it then I took a photo of the monitor ,, this was A drive- by
_DSC0918 (2).JPG
photo from yesterday ..does this qualify.. ?

Officially, the photos for the challenge thread should be taken with the challenge in mind so unless you have esp... lol.

Officially, the photos for the challenge thread should be taken with the challenge in mind so unless you have esp... lol.
okay ha ha.. did not realize the date..This one right now ..through glass door..He is always looking for me.. good camera model..
_DSC0926 (7).JPG

Last edited:
Shot through the trees with a supposedly shitty lens, the 43-86. HP5 @800 dev normal with rodinal. I love my 43-86

HP5+800rod+100034E.jpg

Most reactions

Back