Weekly challenge 11/28 - 12/4 Silver and Gold...

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe think smaller. Utensils, ornaments, jewelry, tools, doorknobs, car trim, chrome, copper, brass...

Ooops, too late. I shot these today on a ride but am planning to do something small later in the week to once again practice focus stacking.

Memorial Bridge is adorned with several massive gilded bronze statues. Right now they are a little greenish but after a good polishing they really shine in bright sun.

MetalHorse-2-1280.jpg

For this wider shot I should have waited until golden hour but could not stick around for three hours:

MetalHorses-1-1280.jpg

Maybe think smaller. Utensils, ornaments, jewelry, tools, doorknobs, car trim, chrome, copper, brass...

Ok, ok, it's Saturday night and it's not like I can go out clubin'. Now I get to sit back the rest of the week and enjoy everyone else's stuff.

Coins1-1280.jpg

Am I the only one that, upon reading this challenge, recalled Burl Ives' song "Silver and Gold" in the Christmas special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"?

Am I the only one that, upon reading this challenge, recalled Burl Ives' song "Silver and Gold" in the Christmas special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"?

‘It was in my head when I created the thread. Just be thankful it wasn’t the Heat Miser song lol. Coming next week “fire and ice”.

Most reactions

Back