Weekly challenge 12/28 - 1/3/2020! I can see right through you

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week's challenge, post photos using the "shoot through" technique either to frame your subject or to create a special effect. Shooting through glass is the most obvious option but consider the type and shape of glass and what effect it will have on your subject. Or try shooting through branches for a framing or dof effect. For flowers I sometimes shoot with a piece of gauze wrapped around and partially covering my lens. Shallow dof blurs this into a nice dreamy foreground texture.

This challenge can be indoors, outdoors, set up or as found, macro, wide angle, shallow dof or sharp. Below links have some creative ideas and how-to's.

As always, new photos only for the challenge. Get out there and shoot your way into the new year!

14 Objects To Shoot Through for Creative Photographic Effects

Photo Challenge Assignment: Shooting Through

Tips for Shooting Through Objects to Create a Special Effect

E2F82693-0019-450A-875C-47D1FE05E2A0.jpeg

Glad to see kids in the outdoors, not inside with video games!

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

Saw the moon through a very thin overcast on the walk home from the gym so went back out and shot it. Lots of noise due to high ISO but that really is true to the misty shroud these wispy clouds formed around the moon.

One last ride with four of the grandsons for 2019. Tried shooting through dried up grass and dirty pickup windows just for the challenge.

Anytime someone picks up their camera because of the challenge is a victory!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back