Weekly challenge 2/6 - 2/12 Get out and get close

Just switched over from rain to snow tonight. An ice crystal is forming in the droplet.

R6__5250Droplet2-rs.jpg

..then re read the challenge and it clearly said "outside".

Hmmm, What does that really mean? How about you stand outside and shoot through the window at something inside... Those crystals are great.

The frost shots were taken from the inside of the house looking out, mostly to pre set the camera so to avoid having to fiddle with it too much in sub zero f temps. Lens choice required manual exposure and focus. I posted them because they looked pretty but the challenge said shoot stuff outside, and the frost was on the inside of the window. You gave me an idea though, I can light the frost more creatively from inside, then perhaps shoot the frost from outside. It's not going away any time soon.

super sharp - what lens?

Don't laugh but it was all I had down here: Canon 100-400 4-5.6 L M II with the 2x Teleconverter making it 800mm. Taken on the R6 at ISO 12800. Shot at 1/1000 @ F11 (the lowest F stop this combo will achieve). Cropped a fair amount. I illuminated it with two Lume Cubes, one on either side. That is the perch on a bird feeder. I really enjoy shooting water droplets.

Of course on the some of the equipment you work with, that 'e' could be 8 inches across! Is PacMan generational or do they still know what it is today?

My daughter knows what Pac-Man is. We’ve been to a few classic arcades and played Pac-Man and Centipede and of course Space Invaders!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back