Weekly challenge 3/22 - 3/28 - what’s your perspective

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry this is late - was working a lot this weekend. For this week’s challenge, try to look at things from a new perspective. Or for a fun take on things, try some forced perspective “trick shots”. You’ve all seen the leaning tower of Pisa ice cream cone shot right? There are some fun ones you can do at home, since that is where the world is these days.

As always, new photos only for the weekly challenges please.

What Is Perspective in Photography and How Should You Use It

Viewpoint and Perspective in Photographic Composition

11 Cool Forced Perspective Photography Ideas to Try!

Reactions: pez
Enjoyed reading the links. I may have a few ideas. Would a wide angle lens make the foreground object bigger or a longer lens?

Enjoyed reading the links. I may have a few ideas. Would a wide angle lens make the foreground object bigger or a longer lens?

I think wider lens.

Sharon, I'm relieved to see your post for a new challenge. I was worried about you.

Thanks for thinking of me. My job involves the communication network and we have lots of critical work going on right now making sure the network can support the huge increase in volume as people work and conduct classes remotely using internet, video conferencing and vpn access. It’s been non stop since early last week.

1-DSC_8031-002.JPG

This goes in as "Looking at something from a new perspective," I think. A title might be, "When the Art Museum is Closed, Do the Laundry."
The Los Angeles County Musuem of Art is closed but out development's laundry rooms are open. Today I noticed the adhesive remains on a wall where some sign had been pasted. I think the cracked paint adds a lot to the composition. Oh MoMA, I like this one! (seriously).

DF2ACCA9-C15F-429A-ABA8-CF635BD631C0.jpeg

Our 40-year-old glass orange juicer viewed from below.
(Fuji X-E1 + 18/55 lens / macro / no flash)

View attachment 188851
Nice, both the shot and the juicer. I remember looking at one in an antique store in Vermont, and was about to tell the owner 'My grandmother had one of these, " when I saw the sign on the wall stating "The only one interested in what your grandmother had is your grandfather!" I guess he heard stuff like that too often.

Most reactions

Back