Weekly challenge 6/15 - 6/21 Things are looking up!

20190615_110920-01.jpeg

Yesterday I looked up ... and I saw myself
View attachment 175221
Creative work as usual GK. You have a great eye.
I love to hear that, thank you Cheryl.
Please give us some info on that one, GK? It looks like you were quite a distance away judging by the reflection, but because of the curvature, perhaps it is an optical illusion?

The church is the Dom of Utrecht (NL) from 1245 with the highest church tower in the Netherlands, where in earlier times a lightning strike destroyed the central part of this church, eventually the remains were demolished and now the church tower stands apart and at a reasonable distance from the original back part.

You may know the images from television, in 2015 the Tour de France started in Utrecht and all cyclists then cycled through the underpass of the church tower, videos are on YouTube.

The church is quite high on the inside, but the chandeliers hang on long cables up to, I estimate, about 12 to 13 feet above the ground. When I was standing just below the sphere, the effect was less strong. It is due to the convex shape and it is actually reminiscent of the image you see with the circular 6.5 mm fisheye lens that I use.
If you look through this fisheye lens with a 190° angle, any object seems much farther away than it actually is.
I must be standing less than 20 feet away, so the image is very distorted.

Most reactions

Back