Weekly challenge 7/20 - 7/26 Perectly imperfect...

Discovered the 70 year old Mineola Diner this morning .(Mineola, Long Island, New York.) Four of us had a great breakfast there. I had the best Spanish omelet since a little Mexican place in Los Angles. The diner is 70 years old, and is not one of those phony retro style places with reproduction "We Can Do It" WWII posters. This place has just evolved to include airconditioning.

fullsizeoutput_8a2d.jpeg

Cool spot. I love an authentic diner. A repro "We Can Do It!" poster might be better than the "Oh Poop!" decor, though. :)

Cool spot. I love an authentic diner. A repro "We Can Do It!" poster might be better than the "Oh Poop!" decor, though. :)
Two signs I saw that really caught the ambiance of the place, in the Four Aces Diner in New Hampshire: "This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way!" and "We do breakfast and we do lunch. We don't do brunch!" The waitress was obnoxious and the food was bad, also. But part of the place was an actual railroad dining car.

Got me trying to figure out what building that is... or I may not know, I'm familiar with some of campus but not all of it. Interesting photo of that odd tree.

I like the diner photo too, got a laugh out of the poop. Glad it's not the real thing, that'd drive away customers!

I don’t know but I’ll find out tomorrow when I go that way.

Got me trying to figure out what building that is... or I may not know, I'm familiar with some of campus but not all of it. Interesting photo of that odd tree.
That is Hagerty Hall. I didn’t see a sign for what’s in there but the Public Policy program is next door.

Most reactions

Back