Weekly challenge 8/7 - 8/20 EXTENDED! Monochromatic

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, post only monochromatic photos.

As always, new photos only for the weekly challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

Guelph, Ontario
The Ward, Alice St.
Ricoh GRII
---
Old rubber factory transitioning to condos.

Alice2SFXa.jpg

Can I cheat a little by use images from last week that I edited this week. I've been busy editing hundreds of photos from last Wed outing to Bilmore Estate. Here are two images I edited tonight if that can count for this weeks shoot.
front angle.JPG
dormers.JPG

I wouldn't call this a true monochrome image, but it's a fine essay in texture and muted colors.
Might be interesting to pick up some good books on art and photography, because then you will undoubtedly come across that in art a work is regarded as monochrome if the hues are close enough to the human eye. Such a work does not have to be monochrome in the pure physical sense. Incidentally, black and white photos containing more or all shades between white and black, in the strict sense, are also not really monochrome - mono=one and chrome=colour - but mostly regarded as such.

Last edited:
Might be interesting to pick up some good books on art and photography, because then you will undoubtedly come across that in art a work is regarded as monochrome if the hues are close enough to the human eye. Such a work does not have to be monochrome in the pure physical sense. Incidentally, black and white photos containing more or all shades between white and black, in the strict sense, are also not really monochrome - mono=one and chrome=colour - but mostly regarded as such.
To quote SquarePeg's article on Understanding Monochromatic Colors in Photography is states
"And for the record, a multicolor image is appropriately called a polychrome photo."

Most reactions

Back