Weekly challenge 9/11 - 9/17 the Center

Jalapeno Texture.png

While the gnarly old, weathered jalapeno itself isn't centered, the intersecting point of it and reflection is ( if you squint and look quickly ;) )

I dont know what I envisioned and I'm going to return to this under different conditions but this is what I got first time around. Nine exposures at 3 seconds each.

View attachment 248357
Great spot and concept. I’m curious why 9 exposures? I think a single longer exposure at a small aperture would make the lines smoother. Hard to get a balanced exposure when lights are coming and going. You could blend one shot for each side or underexposed the right side and then use LR to bring up the exposure on the darker half. Inlooked back at some of my car trails shots and had f/22 for 6-8 seconds ISO 200.

Great spot and concept. I’m curious why 9 exposures? I think a single longer exposure at a small aperture would make the lines smoother. Hard to get a balanced exposure when lights are coming and going. You could blend one shot for each side or underexposed the right side and then use LR to bring up the exposure on the darker half. Inlooked back at some of my car trails shots and had f/22 for 6-8 seconds ISO 200.
Mostly just to experiment and practice that technique. It would have been the better choice had it been daylight out as that technique does a more effective job of removing moving objects like the cars. I did an interior at one of the museums that was nine exposures at perhaps 15 seconds each. There is a bit of a delay between each one so that even if someone stands in the same place for a couple of exposures eventually if they move they disappear. The image looks like I took it when the museum was closed.

I should be clear the camera has a feature that combines the images in camera. So I knew what it looked like long right away.

(a bit of a visual estimate, the railings end on the stairs in the center of the image)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back