Weekly challenge - lights, camera, ACTION! 11/11 - 11/17

5. clock - radial blur

According to Monty Python.....and now for something completely different.
I had the idea to make a radial blur effect on the dial of attached alarm clock (more than 100 years old heirloom, but without much value, from my wife), but the final result wasn't very interesting.

View attachment 149621

By shifting some layers and also making a 'negative' layer I got a completely different (artsy) image with "action" still in a way as the starting point.

Gerard

View attachment 149622

Last edited:
brenholz1.jpg

6. leftover Merlot - zoom blur-effect
Fuji XE-1 + Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm lens

Took me hours to get the glass right and a few more for the blur-effect, which didn't
work very well, transparant glass on a white background, so find an alternative.

Gerard

View attachment 149660

Last edited:

Took me hours to get the glass right and a few more for the blur-effect, which didn't
work very well, transparant glass on a white background, so find an alternative.

Gerard

View attachment 149660

I love everything about this...a beautiful render, and worth the time it took. Nominated November POTM.

Gerard

View attachment 149660

I love everything about this...a beautiful render, and worth the time it took. Nominated November POTM.

Nominated, WOW...thank you very much! :1219::1219::1219:

Gerard

7. street lightning at 23:34 hours - ICM effect
Canon G9

Last night I made 3 pictures with 3 different camera movements, all from the same position.
Merged these 3 pictures in PaintNet.
(it's the same effect as creating a 'double exposure' with a camera, only this method is much easier/faster)

Gerard

View attachment 149680

I apologize Peg for not participating much. I really have been grinding out sales calls so I can make more money to buy coach bags, cars, boots, and camera gear. The wife's latest interest is in boots.
I have no problem with them as I ask her to wear them... Lol, she is happy to oblige as always. Finally, I can enjoy a purchase:bouncingsmileys:.

Anyway, here is my drawn out, spent way to much time on capturing an image strait out of camera. I spent 12 s on edit, probably should have worked it. However, I like it as it turned out. People are going to not like it because it is not in focus. that's fine but the reality is I purposely captured it this way, I challenge people to shoot this way for expressional reasons.

Captured with an XT2 and 60mm macro. I used a custom monochrome red filter + heavy grain setting for this image. I love the sharp line associated with this setting when the light on my focus point draws it heavy around a cave. It is what I was after. Is the image as a whole good? probably not but that line excites my noobness.
DOLpeg.jpg

It's cool @jcdeboever but did you mean to post that in the Take Two challenge? This is the Action/Movement challenge...

Here's my action photos for today - a little ICM zoom and a ICM sweep. True confession, I had no good subjects to shoot today so I used ICM to shoot two of my photos that hang in my kitchen. Is that cheating? Not sure!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZxPNfo]
[/url]

It's cool @jcdeboever but did you mean to post that in the Take Two challenge? This is the Action/Movement challenge...
No. It is action and movement. I guess I failed.... Geez, what the heck is going on in here? You can't see it? This place is wearing thin on me.

No. It is action and movement. I guess I failed....

Sorry, my failure not yours. Your comment about getting it right SOOC threw me off.

Most reactions

Back