weird d70/20d questions..

303villain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can anybody give me the retailer cost for a d70 and 20d are? i have no idea where to find this, the reason im asking is i just got a job at best buy(ya i know, not the greatest place for cameras) and i get a decent employee discount, but its based on dealer cost, and i cant look it up yet(discount doesnt go into affect for 30 days :( ) if any of you know, id love you!

well, i'm guessing the retail price is the standard msrp, or whatever the most expensive store is selling it for (basically). Best buy is one of the most expensive places I know of for the d70 and 20d, and there the d70s kit (all i could find) is 1200. The 20d kit is $1520 (regularly 1600, but there is an 80 discount going on). hope that helps. the actual MSRP for the d70 is $999 (without the lens) and the 20d is $1499 (again, without the lens. I'm guessing with the lens that one would be 1599.).

cool, thanks, thats good to know, i wasnt aware that msrp is 999 for the d70. i dont think ive ever seen it that low. but what im looking for is what the store actually pays to get it, like their cost... sorry for not being clear.

You can do a search in your kiosk at work and add the field that it's an employee purchase and it will give you your cost for the item. Just have someone in cameras punch it in for ya.

(I used to work for circuit city ;))

nobody that works there that i have met knows, and theres only a couple people in the store that have access to that info. the store isnt even open yet and its almost all brand new people, save for managers who dont have time. i guess ill just have to wait another few weeks haha

Most reactions

Back