Weird one

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The camera has been in the shop for over a month now, so through desparation I went through the old shots and found this one that i thought was a little odd.

tailless_01.jpg

Tim

looks like it may be a crustacean of some sort...either that or boogaguy's ex-wife.

mite? It's gota be tiny.

I was wondering what happened.

I didn't realise that it was so cryptic, i guess i should have as it is not the commonest thing in the world. It is also small, about 25mm long i guess, and i dont think anyone has got close to guessing what it is yet, mite is in the same phylum but thats it :). Sorry i din't think i am going to give it away, but wait till some cleaver person identifies it...
tim

That is the scariest thing I have ever seen, lol.
I still can't get myself to photograph insects (assuming that's what it is) ... Yes, I'm a wuss. :lol:

Thats a crab I think

Sorry for the wait, the cat is overdue to get out of the bag. It has to be either Boblybill or abraxas that got it, i think they are more closely related to a mite, camel spiders (a la iraq) or harvestmen than a scorpion but they are actually called tailless whip scorpions. I went to take some pictures of them for a guy that has hundereds of them, he even made a falce cave for them in his hall, where they crawl all over the rocks in a very odd way, you have to look closely to see what the wriething mass is and they all move sideways but you can tell they are looking at you, it is enough to send shivers down your spine :).

whiptail3.jpg

and not a beauty contest winner among them :)

atb

tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back