Weird weather??

I was watching the weather channel this morning and they were showing the jet stream which has remained in lower Canada for most of the winter season which is why we're getting rain and not snow. The cold is not dipping far enough down to cause the rain to turn to snow.

I'll take rain over snow 7 days a week.

Not when it freezes every night. Morning commutes to work have been sketchy at times. With blizzaks.

jake337 said:
Not when it freezes every night. Morning commutes to work have been sketchy at times. With blizzaks.

If you're having issues with blizzaks, that's when you know the roads are bad. Best winter tires IMO.
That's what I've had on my cars for past few years as I like to go to the Mountains when conditions are at the worst for roads but the best for riding.

jake337 said:

If you're having issues with blizzaks, that's when you know the roads are bad. Best winter tires IMO.
That's what I've had on my cars for past few years as I like to go to the Mountains when conditions are at the worst for roads but the best for riding.

Unless your tires are studded, ice always wins.......

jake337 said:
Unless your tires are studded, ice always wins.......

That I definitely know, but winters are still much better than all season or summers

So-Cal is known for its warm winters, but it's been in the high 70's/low 80's lately, which isn't really normal.. it's annoying to me because I like to snowboard and it's killing the snow in the mountains.

bhop said:
So-Cal is known for its warm winters, but it's been in the high 70's/low 80's lately, which isn't really normal.. it's annoying to me because I like to snowboard and it's killing the snow in the mountains.

It's been great for us up here though ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in... Or maybe I did :sarcasm:

jwbryson1 said:
I was watching the weather channel this morning and they were showing the jet stream which has remained in lower Canada for most of the winter season which is why we're getting rain and not snow. The cold is not dipping far enough down to cause the rain to turn to snow.

I'll take rain over snow 7 days a week.

Snow is much better than rain for the reasons already mentioned. And snow is so pretty in the beginning - it gets kinda dirty and ugly after a whole but......
I would much rather have snow rather than have my yard look like this:

Don't mind the crappy cell picture

But I am thankful that I don't live in Alaska! Some places are buried under 18+ feet of snow!

It was 60 here today. I work for a propane company and this weather is killing us.

The weather has also been really weird up here too. We normally have a temperatures around -10 Celsius with a few weeks of -20's or do with the occasional Chinooke.

This year it's been +5 to 0 Celsius and we had a high last week of +12... It's January. And the one cold snap we had the extreme opposite, -30's Celsius which was a worse -49 Celsius with the wind chill.
It's simply been an off year

ONE cold snap like THAT would be one too many for me!
I often survive even our mild little TN winters by plotting my escape to the Carribbean. I plan to make a living selling photos to tourists. :lol:
A cold snap like that would make me very, very serious about that plan...

The weather has also been really weird up here too. We normally have a temperatures around -10 Celsius with a few weeks of -20's or do with the occasional Chinooke.

This year it's been +5 to 0 Celsius and we had a high last week of +12... It's January. And the one cold snap we had the extreme opposite, -30's Celsius which was a worse -49 Celsius with the wind chill.
It's simply been an off year

ONE cold snap like THAT would be one too many for me!
I often survive even our mild little TN winters by plotting my escape to the Carribbean. I plan to make a living selling photos to tourists. :lol:
A cold snap like that would make me very, very serious about that plan...

Yeah it does get cold but it's a dry cold so it's not as bad. But then again there 's a reason we take a winter vacation to somewhere warm every year. And that's coming in 2 weeks and 3 days... Can't wait to have my feet in the warm sandy beaches of Hanalei on the Island of Kuaii :D

Groundhog Day tomorrow.....lol 4 more weeks of winter?!!

Crazy weather.....yes!!
We had a storm around Halloween that dumped about 10 in. (way early for us!!!) And now we pretty much haven't an inch since.

Global warming!!! OH NO!!! :lmao:

Our winter hasn't happened yet. We usually get 300+ inches of snow between November and April 1st. It's now Feb 1 and we have had about 70 inches total. We are about 110 inches short. We haven't even registered our snowmobile this year because our trails that normally open 12/15 with a good packed base? Are mud. Haven't even considered opening yet. It was almost 60 degrees here yesterday and the average temp in feb here? 13 degrees.
I hope this doesn't mean summer will be cold seeing how winter is warm!

Yeah, it's really strange here. Tons of snow the last two winters, but only two small storms (2-3") this year, and one of them at the end of October! Today it was in the mid 60's in the afternoon. I think the average high temp for today must be in the high 30's.

Most reactions

Back