Well I haven't posted any Osprey pictures in 10 days..

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know I'm addicted to my Ospreys and you are probably sick of them by now, so I have been trying to restrain myself.. But I really like some of the shots I've gotten lately and the young ones are so damn cute... Comments are welcome. I'm starting to get a complex because no one said anything about my Terns a few days ago...

Osprey - Hello Mr. Winky by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey Landing by krisinct, on Flickr

Young Ospery balancing act by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey looking like a hood ornament by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey Breakfast 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

Osprey up close with fish by krisinct, on Flickr

Rainy Morning Osprey houses 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

wonderful! Almost in flight shots are as interesting as BIFs.

CC, none in ten days - boy you must have almost been in withdrawal! :lol: Neat shots as usual. I like #6 the best of the bunch, but #1 is a close second - he's sure looking at you in that one.

WesternGuy

All of these are awesome. 3, 5 and 7 are the ones I looked at the most. Really cool shots.

Fantastic series Kris! Number 2 would be a great shot if it weren't for all the branches in the way. 3&4 are both cool shots. i really like when birds are perched and have their wings spread. Number 5 appears to have a lot of noise or is over sharpened. Number six is the winner for me with number seven being the runner up. Seven would be the winner but, for me I find the back ground a lil distracting. Unfortunately we can't choose what's in the background of our bids shots but, if you darkened the whites of the house and flag pole I think it wouldn't detract from the bird as much.
Just my opinion though. ;)

I know I'm addicted to my Ospreys and you are probably sick of them by now, so I have been trying to restrain myself.

This is how I feel about Hummingbirds... :)

Nice shots, we have a bunch of Osprey where I live, but I dont have the lens to get anything worth mentioning. They are really cool birds. When I was on active duty, one of the posts I held for 14 months was on the Bay here in Maryland. 12 feet from my tower at about the same height was a nest. So I got watch these things up close and personal for an entire year almost.... to bad I wasnt in to photography at the time....

Thank you everyone!

Fantastic series Kris! Number 2 would be a great shot if it weren't for all the branches in the way. 3&4 are both cool shots. i really like when birds are perched and have their wings spread. Number 5 appears to have a lot of noise or is over sharpened. Number six is the winner for me with number seven being the runner up. Seven would be the winner but, for me I find the back ground a lil distracting. Unfortunately we can't choose what's in the background of our bids shots but, if you darkened the whites of the house and flag pole I think it wouldn't detract from the bird as much.
Just my opinion though. ;)
I sort of liked the branches because it is so natural looking and the light was perfect on the Osprey, but I know what you mean, I have one right before this with less branches.. I agree about #7 but in a way it is sort of urban, lol.. I was standing on a jetty in the pouring rain.. I tried to darken the BG and I butchered it, lol.. #5 is a heavy crop and it is quite noisy, I probably should have done a BG noise reduction...

Osprey Landing by krisinct, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back