Well there's a first!

Funny enough...it's forecast to be +1C here in Edmonton today. Almost close enough to say that Edmonton was warmer than Riyadh...in January.

Of course, the wind chill this morning was -19C and we have at least a foot of snow. :er:

Perhaps it is the Blair effect now he is envoy for the Middle East - enough to chill anyone. He has reflected the sunlight away by that smile.

Funny enough...it's forecast to be +1C here in Edmonton today. Almost close enough to say that Edmonton was warmer than Riyadh...in January.

Of course, the wind chill this morning was -19C and we have at least a foot of snow. :er:

If you squint and stand in a stiff breeze at the moment, sand dunes look very like snow drifts... :(

As many of you know, for the most part of the last 8 years I've been living in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia. Generally speaking, it's known as a hot country, a very hot country and the temperature can exceed 50C in the hieght of the summer, even when it gets cold, it isn't really cold like most of you would know.

Is it bad that I had to look up the temperature conversions from C to F? I wonder if that's something I should know offhand. Anyway, 50C is HOT!!!

Not a cloud in the sky can assist snow fall. All of the heat escapes earths atmosphere. Think of it as removing a blanket warming the earth. Of course all clear skies is not going to give you snow fall. If the approaching system is moving fast enough, it will cover the area that was uncovered by clouds. This makes for extremely cold conditions at high altitude, mixed with the fast moving cold front. Of course, this scenario unfolds usually during the night, when the maximum amount of heat is lost, then mixed with the frontal system.

Good luck on getting some snow... we rarely get any here, but it's looking like tonight will have a good chance for us too. :)

Most reactions

Back